Quantcast No Man's Sky NEXT - Page 5 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: No Man's Sky NEXT

they made some updates to underwater .. more flora, fauna, and underwater terrain variation. also added submersibles. I don't have one yet, didn't have much time to play, just logged in to have a quick peek.

The drop-off

Mission location - they were nice enough to put a small structure there so I could chill w/out burning through oxygen.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 10-29-2018, 06:40 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

I was going to show you guys a screenshot of an Abyssal Horror, but I was too scared to go back and do it. There was a brightly colored flower thing in the water. I went to investigate, and the top of it opened up, and a huge eyeball looked at me. I got closer and it grabbed me. The game hinted that I should tap E key to escape. Once I got away, I swam away from it. When I tried to take a pic from a distance, the flower was closed back up, and I was too scared to let it grab me again. I'll try again tonight. Freaked me out!

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 10-29-2018, 06:44 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Also there were eruptions happening under water. Some mineral vents that kept erupting. At first I was like, "Oh? This is cool.. kinda rumbling thing going on here." Then the thing erupted and I got a "extreme heat" warning. So, some very neat little things they added to make planets even cooler. There's some other new stuff with this update, but I won't be seeing it until later tonight after the kiddo goes to bed. I know you can't wait for my report!

Old 11-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Working on my underwater base ...

That rock/mineral erupts every so often, there are materials that grow on the outside of it, so grab it fast before it erupts and "extreme heat" dmg taken...

Room with a view:

Submersible, fun to navigate waters .. but I burned up all my fuel so it's parked until I make more. The jelly fish was attacking me so I went into of the submersible to get away from it.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

BTW - I nearly drowned taking those screenshots.. wasn't paying attention to my oxygen levels, lucky I was at the base, quickly got inside and saved myself.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

earlier report I said I ran away from abyssal horror. Now I actively seek them out. I found they are pretty easy to kill and their eyeball sells for 57,000 units at a trade post near my base. I am after those eyeballs now.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

for people who don't like base building, but need the things one normally has access to at a base, you can use your capital ship as a base. Everything you can put in a built base, can be put inside your capital ship. The one nice thing about this over land/water bases is that your base is mobile, because you can summon your capital ship to whatever star system you are currently exploring.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

also, my underwater area looks way nicer at noon day .. I tried to position the sun in my camera mode, but couldn't get it quite right. It's amazing at that time of day, the amount of light in the water really lights things up. I'll try to get better screenshots. These ones are kind of dark.

Old 11-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Underwater on different planets do look different. My earlier screenshots where I built my base is on a scorching planet - luckily the water is also not extreme temperature. Last night landed on a "rocky" planet. The underwater area looked quite a bit different than my base planet:

Found out last night that the small marine building is portable, so while exploring water on planets, you can just pop it out and get your oxygen back.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:23 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Been exploring worlds that have water, so far, the one I put my base is the best!

I liked these rock formations on another world I visited: