Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: No Man's Sky NEXT

If anyone else is playing, and wants to try multiplayer, let me know

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 08-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

“We are attempting to do things that haven’t been done before,” says Murray. “No game has made it possible to fly down to a planet, and for it to be planet-sized, and feature life, ecology, lakes, caves, waterfalls, and canyons, then seamlessly fly up through the stratosphere and take to space again. It’s a tremendous challenge.”

The tens of millions of planets that comprise the universe are all unique. Each is generated when a player discovers it, and is subject to the laws of its respective solar systems and vulnerable to natural erosion. The multitude of creatures that inhabit the universe dynamically breed and genetically mutate as time progresses. This is virtual world building on an unprecedented scale.

At the E3 video game conference in Los Angeles in June, no other game met with such applause. It is the game of many childhood science fiction dreams.

/endpaste

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 08-02-2018, 03:57 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Game is still going for the sale price of 30.00 on Steam (50% off)

Old 08-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Found a lush planet last night, with good weather. But when I looked at the status , it said At War.. and there are ships above the planet engaged in battle. I think I might make a base here anyway. Next goal is to upgrade my hyperdrive .. not sure how to do it, but I can't warp to certain class of star systems with my current hyperdrive.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

earlier I had been on a planet described as Verdant, and I liked the scenery, but it was kind of hot there , and had scalding rainstorms. I had to dig one of those tunnels again to protect my traveler because too far from the ship. Hit water while digging down but thankfully it was at that point, the messaging for exposure went away.. so traveler stood in neck deep water, in a narrow tunnel until storm passed.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Started a new game. On my 2nd warp to new star system, I found a "Bountiful" planet that has "refreshing breezes". In my original game, I've been to 10-15 star systems, and never found a planet with "refreshing breezes". I'm building a base here.

Early on in my new game, I found a crashed ship. Did not find one in original game play, but I think I've learned that using the Signal Booster is a way to find one, vs. I was eyeballing the landscape for one. The ship on the left is what I found, it was an upgrade to a B class ship vs. the starter C class ship. It had a lot of damage, but I got it flying again:

I saved a Freighter from some pirate ships and they captain invited me on board, and handed over control. So I got my first freighter for free. Freighter gave me 17 extra inventory slots, and ability to send my "fleet" on expeditions = money. I actually like how it looks.. the freighter is not just eye candy. You can dock and enter it. Build rooms, interact with the crew.

After sending them off on an expedition, I got a distress call from them saying that pirates attacked and the frigate ship was in a bad state. I had to do some repairs:

There are caves and underground tunnels. I wanted to venture into this one, but my ship was too far away and I had not saved the game in a while and didn't want to die in there and have to restart from save point:

Old 08-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

a lifeless planet, these are worth exploring, its dead as in no flora and fauna, but once you're on the ground and run your scanner, there is always stuff to find (minerals, alien artifacts, caves, etc)

I liked this "rocky" planet.. the rock formations were cool. Can you spot the traveler? background there is an outpost. they basically function as "town" where you can buy/sell, ask for directions, etc.. space stations are better places for trading and picking up missions.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:38 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

I went through a portal , I thought was part of a story... well, I think it put me in a new universe or a star system very very far from the one MY BASE IS LOCATED AT! I did not have a teleporter at my base, so I can't use the one at space stations to get back there. I have no idea if I will ever see home again. When I bring up the star map, I don't see my base anywhere.

I found a planet last night that was planetary type : temporary
I'm not sure what that means in this game, but this is what it looked like on the ground:

The beautiful planets with nice weather are always nice finds, especially if the sentinel threat is low. Good places to stock up on materials.

CAN YOU SPOT THE TRAVELER IN THIS ONE?

So I stock up on what I can in terms of available/needed minerals and such on the nice planets, and then I like to go adventure and exploring on radioactive and/or extreme weather planets.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:47 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

also.. I can't send my capital ship on expeditions. the one and only frigate in the fleet was destroyed. I did not know this could happen. I'm bummed out. I can't afford to hire any of the frigate I've met in space so far. I've been killing bounty targets in space to make up for the loss of income, but I don't know how to make that event trigger, maybe it's random, but its not all the time I get a bounty target on my scanner.

too bad none of you guys play, I needed help last night, I got stuck in a star system that was dead and forsaken planets, and had a very difficult time finding the material I needed for warp fuel so I could leave it. I managed, but it would have been cool to have someone join and just give me some mats! Poor planning on my part.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Thanks to Mocker's friend from H.S. who has a crazy 1800 hours in No Man's Sky, I found out I can instantly travel to any of the bases I've set up via the teleporters found at all Space Stations. I didn't think of trying it because I thought my base needed a teleporter for it to work. So it's great. I'm putting down bases on my favorite planets so I can travel to them again. I have started to make my way to the galactic center.

If you ever had dreams of being a space traveler.. this is the game.