Quantcast Medical care rant - Page 3 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2018, 05:03 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: Medical care rant

okay, you don't like the system. my experience hasn't been great at any "walk-in" place. quality of care is much better with a family doctor / internist who is at least somewhat familiar with my medical history and regular visits. I wish you continued good health.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 09-28-2018, 01:58 AM
Glorious Lord

Wufnu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
So if I get sick and need money can I pass the hat around the patrons of BV?

Or should I vote for a law to stick a gun in your face and make you pay for my healthcare?

Our system promotes unhealthy lifestyles because it is usually someone else footing the bill.

If someone chooses to eat themselves obese why should I have to help pay for the bypass surgery?

Why should a vegan health nut like muer have to pay for somebody else? He may not agree with what I am saying in the least but I would not force him to pay for someone else.

The key to get people affordable health care is to remove government from the equation. Once that is done more people will be able to afford better healthcare. And you will leave it up to personal responsibility rather than a government nanny state.

Repeal obamacare, medicaid, medicare and don't force companies to pay for health insurance. Get government out of the way and the free market will prevail. Will some people go without? Sure, but at an affordable cost more people will have it at a much better price and much better quality.
If you have a catastrophic situation, you won't have a choice. The hospital will not check your funds or insurance before saving your life. They will then present you with the bill of equal value to your life, which you will not be able to pay. In the end, everyone else will be socializing YOUR medicine but somehow you will do the mental gymnastics that allow you to sleep well at night. I mean, you never agreed to it in the first place, right? Naturally.
Plus, you NEVER accepted that socialized insurance so at least you are a man of principle. In fact, everyone else is suckers for having paid into the system that prevented your death while you paid nothing. FREE MURKIT
Meursault (09-29-2018)
Old 09-28-2018, 11:10 AM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wufnu View Post
If you have a catastrophic situation, you won't have a choice. The hospital will not check your funds or insurance before saving your life. They will then present you with the bill of equal value to your life, which you will not be able to pay. In the end, everyone else will be socializing YOUR medicine but somehow you will do the mental gymnastics that allow you to sleep well at night. I mean, you never agreed to it in the first place, right? Naturally.
Plus, you NEVER accepted that socialized insurance so at least you are a man of principle. In fact, everyone else is suckers for having paid into the system that prevented your death while you paid nothing. FREE MURKIT
I have always paid for my own healthcare. Why would that change in the future? But if I get a hospital bill and it charges me $500 for an aspirin, do you think I am going to pay that? You can actually negotiate with hospitals about your bill. Most people don't since they have insurance and don't care what the bill is.

Also when your insurance company gets a bill of $50,000 they don't pay that either. They call up the hospital and work out a deal the same way you or I can. Ya that 50k bill is subsidizing all the people they treat that don't pay anything.

I have never been to an emergency room, ok once when I was 9 and messed up arm real bad falling off a slide. I needed xrays for broken bones.

I just like how you assume I cannot pay my own medical bills. What led you to that assumption?

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 09-28-2018, 10:14 PM
Glorious Lord

Hey, if you can just write them a check for a few mil then good for you; do whatever you want. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that you cannot. You can negotiate within reason but if you're hit by a car and in IC for a month, good luck.

Since you haven't suffered such a catastrophic accident it only logically follows that you never will.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:09 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hey, if you can just write them a check for a few mil then good for you; do whatever you want. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that you cannot. You can negotiate within reason but if you're hit by a car and in IC for a month, good luck.

Since you haven't suffered such a catastrophic accident it only logically follows that you never will.
Glad you took up that point, because I considered doing it myself but I got a very tired, drained feeling at the prospect. Aside from having the general public subsidize his risk, I notice he doesn't pay taxes he can avoid, so he's pretty much the worst kind of social parasite.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:39 PM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
Glad you took up that point, because I considered doing it myself but I got a very tired, drained feeling at the prospect. Aside from having the general public subsidize his risk, I notice he doesn't pay taxes he can avoid, so he's pretty much the worst kind of social parasite.
Social parasite, so if I don't want to be a victim of theft I am a parasite? Sort of how all women who get raped deserved it? Blame the victim, great move.

Taxation is theft.

Explain how you can take something with the threat of violence and make it legal?

All for the greater good is all you will come up with.

Or since I am poorer than you muer I can come into your home and take what I want until we are on a level financial status?

I buy my friends stuff all the time then make them pay me for it, I am a great friend and it makes no difference if they wanted it or not, they are not as smart and as mature as I am so I do it for their own benefit, ungrateful bastards they are.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 09-30-2018, 08:43 PM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:

So everyone who declares medical bankruptcy is a bad person for gaming the system?

Old 09-30-2018, 10:52 PM
Glorious Lord

They simply displace their burden onto others. Just like piracy is stealing, you cannot deny that someone not paying their bills and having the hospitals force that cost onto others is actively avoiding their personal financial responsibilities at the expense of others. I.e. it's the same goddamned thing as taxes, or Obamacare, or whatever you want to call it. The concept of a social construct is almost five hundred years old. This is nothing new.

Frankly, I find that being one emergency away from losing a lifetime of work is fucking ridiculous. Our healthcare system is so fucked. It's not even that good, anymore. There could be an argument that, in a perfect free market, the costs would be affordable but even then they certainly wouldn't be affordable to everyone that works and certainly it would exist that more expensive health needs, e.g. catastrophic accidents or things like cancer, would still remain far beyond the means of the average person.

However, really, this is just us going back to the same conversation we had a week or so ago. Ultimately, I think we all know by now that I would prefer a national healthcare system as 1) I believe the rewards of having a healthy public would outweigh the costs (by far) and 2) it would actually reduce my healthcare expenditures while improving the health coverage for everyone I know and love. We also know, per the same conversation, that you would feel that such a system would 1) disincentivize personal responsibility, 2) promote theft, 3) lead to a less-free health market which in your view is inherently a weaker on, and 4) you do not feel the government would ever be competent enough to provide a meaningful level of care.

It's also worth noting that, even should a country achieve the dreamland "true" free market (in healthcare or anything else), the players disenfranchised would simply go to those other markets. This is kind of an aside to our conversation but it's the underlying logical behind why I believe such a market would never be allowed to exist. I would suggest everyone (particularly you, Mr. X: our own libertarian, as it's the foundation of free markets to begin with) read "The Art of Strategy: A Game Theorist's Guide to Success in Business and Life". The fundamentals of game theory are simple and intuitive but also lay out, what I feel are, reasonable analyses in how to understand the selfishness in others. In fact, selfishness would not even be considered a derogatory term; it's the logical end result to be expected.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Social parasite, so if I don't want to be a victim of theft I am a parasite? Sort of how all women who get raped deserved it? Blame the victim, great move.

Taxation is theft.

Explain how you can take something with the threat of violence and make it legal?

All for the greater good is all you will come up with.

Or since I am poorer than you muer I can come into your home and take what I want until we are on a level financial status?
I just wish you "moral" folks opting out of the social contract were as aggressive in forgoing the benefits as you are in rejecting the responsibilities.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:19 AM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
I just wish you "moral" folks opting out of the social contract were as aggressive in forgoing the benefits as you are in rejecting the responsibilities.
Ok, first any "contract" has to be freely signed by both parties while not under duress. So your use of the term "social contract" falls nicely into Orwell's categorization of "newspeak".

The same "social contract" that will not allow a person to disconnect their home from a power grid because the local G would deem the house unlivable.

People like you use that term when it suits your needs to call people like me parasites. How much of your tax dollars has gone to military spending to blow up people overseas? How much for detention centers for illegal immigrants? How much for beef and pork subsidies? How much for any of the wasteful and useless government programs that "benefit" you and I on a daily basis?

Any imagined "benefit" you might see is so vastly outweighed by all the corporate subsidies, bombs, and just utter bullshit programs the world and this country could do without.

Oh right, the pork and beef subsidies helps me out because now my meat is cheaper. Unless my meat is sourced from a non G subsidized farmer... Oh well I don't want to have to do that much research to buy a steak.