Quantcast Medical care rant - Page 8 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:34 PM
Alora's Avatar
Alora Alora is offline
Sensitive like Squirrel
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
So many tropes in there. I really hope you don't believe this garbage...
To be honest, it's not that important to me, but I was trying to understand a bit the ideas and political views of the Libertarian party. I know Democrats and Republicans, but Libertarian confuses me a bit because I keep hearing different things about them (alt right, not alt right/hijacked by the alt right, love corporations, etc). Maybe you could just make a simple bulleted list for me, lol

__________________

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

  #72  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Meursault's Avatar
Meursault Meursault is offline
Alien Soul
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
For some reason, this has me thinking about a book I read a long time ago called The Jungle.
Yes, we know what Mr X's dream looks like... turn of the 19th/20th century capitalism: child labor, gnarly food, company scrip, etc etc. We also know what unregulated financial markets look like: CDS ponzi schemes.

Libertarianism is impractical abstract wordplay and not worth discussing outside of college dorms.

__________________

Love is heaven on earth.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-09-2018, 08:37 PM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
Yes, the situation is much worse with corporate control of the government, but the solution isn't to weaken government but to make it function as it should, as representative of the common good.
Yes, first remove the human element from government and then you *might* get good government. You seem to rail against libertarians as selfish and out for themselves, yet are fully supporting given power to other people, just so long as they are not libertarian?

Seriously, you keep shitting on libertarians and then call for more government. Camp A is bad they are out for themselves, CAMP B is good they are out for themselves but will blow smoke up my ass telling me they work for me.

Libertarians are evil for wanting freedom. Others are fine because they lie to me.

Yes, a libertarian state is a pipe dream because reasons, but I fully support your pipe dream society of good moral people getting into power over evil power hungry assholes. Who is living in fantasy land now?

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-09-2018, 08:39 PM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
To be honest, it's not that important to me, but I was trying to understand a bit the ideas and political views of the Libertarian party. I know Democrats and Republicans, but Libertarian confuses me a bit because I keep hearing different things about them (alt right, not alt right/hijacked by the alt right, love corporations, etc). Maybe you could just make a simple bulleted list for me, lol
Probably good resources out there if you wanted to learn more. I am probably not the best person to explain it. But yes there is so much misinformation. We are a threat to both sides, so they both will spew the bullshit to misguide the public.

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-09-2018, 08:57 PM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
For some reason, this has me thinking about a book I read a long time ago called The Jungle.
Upton Sinclair. Yep that book was pretty much bullshit.

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Alora's Avatar
Alora Alora is offline
Sensitive like Squirrel
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: Medical care rant

Why do you say that?

__________________

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Meursault's Avatar
Meursault Meursault is offline
Alien Soul
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Yes, first remove the human element from government and then you *might* get good government. You seem to rail against libertarians as selfish and out for themselves, yet are fully supporting given power to other people, just so long as they are not libertarian?

Seriously, you keep shitting on libertarians and then call for more government. Camp A is bad they are out for themselves, CAMP B is good they are out for themselves but will blow smoke up my ass telling me they work for me.

Libertarians are evil for wanting freedom. Others are fine because they lie to me.

Yes, a libertarian state is a pipe dream because reasons, but I fully support your pipe dream society of good moral people getting into power over evil power hungry assholes. Who is living in fantasy land now?
A libertarian state is a total pipe dream, because it's inherently separatist and decentralized by nature. Libertarianism serves as a platform for people like you to argue abstractly and totally impractically about political issues from a faux-purist vantage point. That said, they do make some decent points when it comes to reining in the excesses of state, but those ideas aren't unique to libertarianism.

Concentrations of power wherever they form (market power, government power) can be abused, and it takes a vigilant and morally upright citizenry dedicated in the core of their beings to the common good to curb those excesses. We lack that, and so we have the mess we're in now. Low quality people produce low quality government. Maybe we'll evolve into something better. The Scandinavians are closer to it than we are, perhaps because it's easier for them to see themselves in their fellow citizens. We see darker skin and lose our shit. Our ethos is relentless competition and we are set upon each other neighbor vs neighbor instead of love thy neighbor.

__________________

Love is heaven on earth.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Caliban's Avatar
Caliban Caliban is offline
Archmage
 

Join Date: Feb 2000
Caliban
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Can I lump neocons who love bombing woman and children into the conservative section? Or the religious conservatives that need to praise the jesus while screaming I hate fags? Or the conservatives who campaign on smaller G and repealing obamacare etc. only to vote the exact opposite?

Yes, please don't lump libertarians in with these shit lords.
I believe we have come to an understanding
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Alora's Avatar
Alora Alora is offline
Sensitive like Squirrel
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: Medical care rant

A bit off topic, but Mocker has a good friend who took on the U.S. govt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Merrill

__________________

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-11-2018, 04:27 AM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Medical care rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
A libertarian state is a total pipe dream, because it's inherently separatist and decentralized by nature. Libertarianism serves as a platform for people like you to argue abstractly and totally impractically about political issues from a faux-purist vantage point. That said, they do make some decent points when it comes to reining in the excesses of state, but those ideas aren't unique to libertarianism.

Concentrations of power wherever they form (market power, government power) can be abused, and it takes a vigilant and morally upright citizenry dedicated in the core of their beings to the common good to curb those excesses. We lack that, and so we have the mess we're in now. Low quality people produce low quality government. Maybe we'll evolve into something better. The Scandinavians are closer to it than we are, perhaps because it's easier for them to see themselves in their fellow citizens. We see darker skin and lose our shit. Our ethos is relentless competition and we are set upon each other neighbor vs neighbor instead of love thy neighbor.
yes power can be abused. My solution don't give one person or group of people too much of it. Problem solved.

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alora RANT Alora BV Offline 6 05-25-2012 04:29 PM
Okay, I need to rant about Democrats :( Vaniir BV Offline 393 06-04-2007 05:36 PM
Medical Marijuana haze BV Offline 6 04-29-2006 01:21 PM
Medical MaryJane Aswepe BV Offline 105 12-03-2004 02:46 PM
I need to rant about Bush Nael BV Offline 15 08-25-2003 07:33 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Optimized for Firefox and American time zones
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.