Quantcast Supplement Thead - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Meursault's Avatar
Meursault Meursault is offline
Alien Soul
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Meursault is on a distinguished road
Supplement Thead

Almost nothing I've ever taken has moved the needle, but lately I've started taking MSM at reasonably high dosages (10g/day) and do seem to have more energy. It's been a couple weeks.

Do you people take anything useful?

__________________

Love is heaven on earth.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

  #2  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Alora's Avatar
Alora Alora is online now
Sensitive like Squirrel
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: Supplement Thead

What's MSM? I'm supposed to be taking a vitamin D supplement and iron, but I always forget. I'm a bit on the anemic side, but I've been told that since I was a teenager. The only other supplement I've taken was St. John's Wort during the winter because of SAD. I'm not sure if it really works, or placebo effect, but I really didn't want to take the medication my doctor prescribed me, the side effects were scary.

During pregnancy I was really good about taking prenatal vitamins. Really I'm awful about taking pills. I had to restart antibiotics once because 1/2 way through, I forgot to take them for a few days and my doctor was like, WHAT? now you need to start over. ;(

__________________

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza

Last edited by Alora; 10-11-2018 at 02:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Meursault's Avatar
Meursault Meursault is offline
Alien Soul
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Supplement Thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
What's MSM? I'm supposed to be taking a vitamin D supplement and iron, but I always forget. I'm a bit on the anemic side, but I've been told that since I was a teenager. The only other supplement I've taken was St. John's Wort during the winter because of SAD. I'm not sure if it really works, or placebo effect, but I really didn't want to take the medication my doctor prescribed me, the side effects were scary.

During pregnancy I was really good about taking prenatal vitamins. Really I'm awful about taking pills. I had to restart antibiotics once because 1/2 way through, I forgot to take them for a few days and my doctor was like, WHAT? now you need to start over. ;(
https://theshawnstevensonmodel.com/7...le-supplement/

I'd never take an anti-depressant again. I started getting really bad social anxiety and took Paxil in the early 2000s. I ballooned from 155 to like 200 lbs in a couple years. Made me a bit of a zombie too.

I wish supplements weren't so subtle in their effects. Doesn't make sense that they'd all be so half-assed compared to pharmaceuticals.

__________________

Love is heaven on earth.
Reply With Quote
Thanks:
Alora (10-12-2018)
  #4  
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Supplement Thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
https://theshawnstevensonmodel.com/7...le-supplement/

I'd never take an anti-depressant again. I started getting really bad social anxiety and took Paxil in the early 2000s. I ballooned from 155 to like 200 lbs in a couple years. Made me a bit of a zombie too.

I wish supplements weren't so subtle in their effects. Doesn't make sense that they'd all be so half-assed compared to pharmaceuticals.
Health nut muer and his big pharma dependency. Oh the irony. Corps are bad mmmmmmmkay. They only have slave wage employees trapped in their jobs, please don't support them by buying drugs off them.

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Meursault's Avatar
Meursault Meursault is offline
Alien Soul
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Supplement Thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Health nut muer and his big pharma dependency. Oh the irony. Corps are bad mmmmmmmkay. They only have slave wage employees trapped in their jobs, please don't support them by buying drugs off them.
When I hit 200 it was a horrible thing, even though I'm a good 3 inches taller than you. If you drop to 200 you're going to want a ticker tape parade.

No, I think the Man only lets the weak sauce supplements hit the shelves.

__________________

Love is heaven on earth.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2018, 10:55 AM
DeVore's Avatar
DeVore DeVore is offline
~
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
DeVore
Re: Supplement Thead

Does Ginseng count?
Also I can't make myself drink regulary so I smoke a joint instead which I find very useful.
Reply With Quote
Thanks:
Alora (10-12-2018)
  #7  
Old 10-13-2018, 03:31 AM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Supplement Thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
When I hit 200 it was a horrible thing, even though I'm a good 3 inches taller than you. If you drop to 200 you're going to want a ticker tape parade.

No, I think the Man only lets the weak sauce supplements hit the shelves.
I am pretty sure a lot of that stuff is unregulated. Supplements are a huge scam. Snake oil salesmen of the 21st century.

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2018, 11:47 AM
Caliban's Avatar
Caliban Caliban is offline
Archmage
 

Join Date: Feb 2000
Caliban
Re: Supplement Thead

I take gummy bear vitamins every day if I remember
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2018, 12:46 PM
Alora's Avatar
Alora Alora is online now
Sensitive like Squirrel
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: Supplement Thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVore View Post
Does Ginseng count?
Also I can't make myself drink regulary so I smoke a joint instead which I find very useful.
Weed is weird in terms of treating depression because in the short term, it does seem to alleviate symptoms of mild-to-moderate depression (without the scary side effects pharma has), but there have been studies that say long term , regular use, may actually cause anxiety.

Ginseng has long been held in high regard in Asian cultures for it's medicinal properties.

__________________

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza

Last edited by Alora; 10-13-2018 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Meursault's Avatar
Meursault Meursault is offline
Alien Soul
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Supplement Thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
I am pretty sure a lot of that stuff is unregulated. Supplements are a huge scam. Snake oil salesmen of the 21st century.
Libertarian embraces regulation after bv debate. Breakthrough.


But the taxation that pays for it is theft tho.
\

Libertarian Scholar

__________________

Love is heaven on earth.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Optimized for Firefox and American time zones
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.