Quantcast Bitcoins - Page 8 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2017, 02:56 PM
*hates*

Mocker is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Bitcoins

I'm a big fan of Dollar Cost Averaging on the way in and the way out, little buys/sells when trying to find a bottom/top. Way too easy to get burned if you try to move your entire stack at once.

My current strategy is just to hold with occasional 0.1 BTC sales when it hits a target price. I've been tempted to use part of my little stack to more actively trade the highs and lows on GDAX or wherever but I was never all that good at it back in the day and the tax implications would be a headache.

Infinite & Forever
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 12-11-2017, 10:16 PM
*hates*

Infinite & Forever
Meursault (12-11-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 02:55 PM
Glorious Lord

Wufnu is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Bitcoins

Meur, you'll regret selling your LTC if you look at the price today. It's expected to increase further considerably over the next year which makes sense as people look for an alternative to BTC and it's one of the three coins offered on GDAX. Maybe not too late but I'd watch the price, you don't want to chase the highs. Wait for the correction and see where the support is. I just moved some cash into GDAX and that's going to be my plan for LTC.

The CBOE futures was a big fizzle with, excluding the initial rush, less volatility than the prior few days. Since it's cash settled, it makes sense.

My plan is to let it continue to rise and take a little out at a time, as Mocker's doing, until I have my initial investment returned. After that I'm playing with the house's money so who cares.
Old 12-22-2017, 01:28 AM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13 AM
*hates*

AZN Re: Bitcoins

The crypto market's been pretty choppy lately, hope y'all are staying cool and staying profitable!

Infinite & Forever
Old 01-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Glorious Lord

Awhile back I cashed out my initial investment so playing with house money at this point. Just riding the waves, currently. I did get a bit worried after that Korea thing the other day, though. On the other hand, I used the volatility to trade myself into an extra .02BTC. Wish I'd have anticipated the altcoin pump, which in hindsight seems obvious, but them's the breaks.

Oh yah, my two antminers were delivered today almost a month ahead of schedule. Should have them burning dino blood on Monday.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:39 PM
*hates*

Nice, did you get S7s or S9s or something else? I think difficulty is about to increase? Let us know how it goes!

I regret missing out on the recent altcoin craziness as well. IMO they're mostly shitcoins but people have been making some insane profits. Wish I'd bought some ETH before it blew up, that one seems like it might be around for a while.

Got some forked BCH in December and dumped it for cash before the price dropped, that was fun.

Infinite & Forever
Old 01-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

I'm only in xrp and LTC. No lambo yet.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:29 PM
Glorious Lord

S9's which makes running them in a tiny apartment awkward (noisy, had to run 240V line through a bedroom, etc) but they're currently heating said apartment so there's that. Difficulty went up a lot, and probably about to go up a lot again in a week or less. 2 running for 3 days straight (right after diff adjusted) has gotten me .0111...... BTC, which would have been better when the price was higher or if Bitmain didn't take 3 months to get my miners to me.

If they pay themselves off I'll consider it a success.

Lost a bit in trading, .1 BTC Nothing worth worrying over (all house money at this point) but it's a lesson and reminder that those traders that lost everything, i.e. the gross majority, probably came out on top 49% of the time.

Currently seems BTC in limbo, everyone is an expert, and nobody knows what the hell they're talking about. \_(ツ)_/
Mocker (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wufnu View Post
S9's which makes running them in a tiny apartment awkward (noisy, had to run 240V line through a bedroom, etc) but they're currently heating said apartment so there's that. Difficulty went up a lot, and probably about to go up a lot again in a week or less. 2 running for 3 days straight (right after diff adjusted) has gotten me .0111...... BTC, which would have been better when the price was higher or if Bitmain didn't take 3 months to get my miners to me.

If they pay themselves off I'll consider it a success.

Lost a bit in trading, .1 BTC Nothing worth worrying over (all house money at this point) but it's a lesson and reminder that those traders that lost everything, i.e. the gross majority, probably came out on top 49% of the time.

Currently seems BTC in limbo, everyone is an expert, and nobody knows what the hell they're talking about. \_(ツ)_/
I hope you make money and buy crystals to fix the feng shui you're messing up in yo house!!!!!!!!!!!

When you think about nodes your mind automatically switches to SCALE, no? You know you want 1000 of those things. I wish I could afford it and lived in Washington or wherever the cheap power is. Let's start BV Mining Inc.

Love is heaven on earth.
Tags: , , , ,