Quantcast Darkfall Clan Discussion (BV) - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > Online Gaming > Darkfall Online
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Archmage

Algar
Darkfall Clan Discussion (BV)

I know some of you around here have ties to other multi-game guilds but this discussion is an attempt to get the ball rolling on a BV Darkfall clan... basically a guild of mature, ex-UO players (and our friends) who share many of the same core values (like, basically, don't be a dick).

While I have only spent a few days playing beta, there are two things I can tell you with absolute certainty: the game is hard and guilds will be super important. This is not a game designed for solo or "PUG" play, whether you're talking leveling up skills, crafting, PvEing or PvPing. A large part of Darkfall game play will involve clans establishing towns, defending that town and laying siege to other towns.

Anyway, my first hope is that someone with more encyclopedic knowledge and experience can describe the different clan types and the pros and cons involved. All race clans are allowed and, I assume, that would be the preferred choice to allow maximum freedom in character creation unless there is some overwhelming reason to go in a different direction (in which case I would suggest an all Alfar clan since they are enemies to every other race).

Since most of us are from NA, I assume the final choice of server locations will be North American. However, that won't happen for a couple months. And yes, they will allow character transfers off the Euro server to the new NA server. My experience on the Euro server was very positive as far as system performance so there is really no reason not to start playing, working up skills and learning the game while building up gold and resources. Obviously, characters transferring from the Euro server will have a huge advantage when the NA server goes live.

So, what will probably happen is a 2 phase roll-out. First, there will be the players who start at launch on the Euro servers... basically something pretty loose and focused on skill gain. Later the final establishment of the clan on the NA server takes place where we would create a town, build an empire and let the heads start rolling.

So... what are your thoughts? Who is in? Where and when do you plan to start playing? And, dare I ask, who will volunteer to attempt to lead this group of rabble-rousers? Haha. Disregard the last question... that's not something to worry about until the NA release.
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 02-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Ninja Pirate

Ism
Send a message via ICQ to Ism
what if we occasionally like to be a dick...?
is that ok...?
Old 02-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Archmage

Algar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_xrsjKN_Y
Old 02-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Karma Police

Remy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Remy Send a message via AIM to Remy Send a message via MSN to Remy
the guys i trust on this basically said it sucks. beware!

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin
Ivan Turgenev