Quantcast Bitcoins - Page 9 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2018, 05:15 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Bitcoins

BTW, how much is an S9 and where do you buy? I get my crystals on eBay FYI.

Love is heaven on earth.
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 01-19-2018, 06:32 PM
The Stranger

Memnon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
BTW, how much is an S9 and where do you buy? I get my crystals on eBay FYI.
You can make a custom miner with a half-dozen high-quality Nvidia GPUs. Nvidia is the magic crystal of cryptocurrency mining.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Glorious Lord

Wufnu is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, when I bought them they were around $1400 each but I hear they're $2800 now (which kind of blows my "use the profits to buy more miners" plan out of the water, probably better to just buy BTC at that point) and they only allow you to pay in the BTC knockoff they support.

Electricity is $0.14/kwh here so I don't think it's particularly cheap. Of course, as you said, scale has entered my mind. With a 1000 of these puppies, I'd be bringing in some bank. Best part is, when you use that much electricity for commercial purposes, they give you the industrial rate which is like half price. Unfortunately, for an operation that big, you need a few million dollars. Takes money to make money

I'm not familiar with any nVidia GPU mining rigs for BTC but I know they are used for other coins. The weird thing is, the cards are so expensive it seems more money to be made elsewhere but I haven't really looked into it very much. I'm currently using my 970 to mine Vertcoin/Unitus, though.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:25 PM
Alien Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wufnu View Post
Well, when I bought them they were around $1400 each but I hear they're $2800 now (which kind of blows my "use the profits to buy more miners" plan out of the water, probably better to just buy BTC at that point) and they only allow you to pay in the BTC knockoff they support.

Electricity is $0.14/kwh here so I don't think it's particularly cheap. Of course, as you said, scale has entered my mind. With a 1000 of these puppies, I'd be bringing in some bank. Best part is, when you use that much electricity for commercial purposes, they give you the industrial rate which is like half price. Unfortunately, for an operation that big, you need a few million dollars. Takes money to make money

I'm not familiar with any nVidia GPU mining rigs for BTC but I know they are used for other coins. The weird thing is, the cards are so expensive it seems more money to be made elsewhere but I haven't really looked into it very much. I'm currently using my 970 to mine Vertcoin/Unitus, though.
Wow $1400 isn't bad. Have you considered playing the lottery and solo mining? That would be dumb, but if you use crystals and pyramids you can probably up your odds!

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Glorious Lord

I think I'd have better odds with the actual lottery.

Alternatively, I could sell both w/ power supply for like $8k which is tempting however if BTC picks back up again by the end of the year I'd earn a lot more than that. Again I find myself speculating.

Unfortunately, I used up my last crystal just last night and getting a REAL replacement is hard! I'll meditate on wishing one into existence tonight.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Alien Soul

Wow...

https://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate?timespan=all

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:44 PM
Glorious Lord

Yah, getting nuts and the ASICs basically limit your options on mining hardware to remain competitive.

https://fork.lol/pow/hashrate

Combine that with the volatility and it's what I would refer to as a helluva stressor.
Tags: , , , ,