Quantcast The Crazies at Angel Island - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > Online Gaming > UO Freeshards
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Philosopher King

Crassus is an unknown quantity at this point
The Crazies at Angel Island

The worst thing about Angel Island .... the ever limp-wristed and unstable, Adam Ant.

It has to be the most poorly administered, and frightened group of people I've ever seen run a gaming server. Any degree of criticism of a gaming system which needs serious redesign gets immediately censored as being "against the positive spirit" of the server.

I have no idea how any of you would ever want to play on a completely retarded server run by an unstable personality like Adam Ant.

When we granted Adam a board on Battlevortex so he could help recruit people, he took advantage of his moderator rights and deleted every single post on the board in the middle of a hissy fit over some trivial thing.

He has wiped his server that he will "never wipe" so many times now, I've lost count.

I'm taking bets on how long before he folds this version of his server.

And I'm legitimately curious - what could the whacko, Adam Ant, possibly offer you at this point, that you couldn't easily find elsewhere?

Selig sind, die da Leid tragen, denn sie sollen getröstet werden. (Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.) - Matthew 5:4 / J.Brahms, 1865

Last edited by Crassus; 04-24-2010 at 07:09 PM..
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Valiant Knight

a dark elf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to a dark elf
Re: The Crazies at Angel Island

The answer is nothing. Thats why I shake my head at the idea of playing on AI. I had the thought a couple of days ago of remaking a mortal stealther to run around on for as long as he lived. But luckily it was just gas.

The only thing I am surprised is that you make this post and seem somewhat surprised?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Gangsta

Gumshoe is on a distinguished road

You're pretty much singing to the choir here Crassus.

We all know that Adam is the reason AI failed. He had a solid community (at one point) and an exceptional number of skilled staff trying to help him out over the years - yet he still managed to screw it all up.

The guy has some serious issues and the biggest one is he doesn't realize that he is the cause of all of his problems.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Valiant Knight

All I can say is the SB EMU needs to get finished up
Old 04-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Annoying Growth

Midgetbob is on a distinguished road

I concur. SB Emu does need to hurry. AI is a time waster for me... though with SC2, I find I log in even less and less to AI.

Was good to see BV there at the Ransom Event though. You guys even only killed me once before letting me just stand around and watch the fun.

Too bad M^L brought in all the tamers with MiL. Brimstone only had Alden on his tamer, which was killed very quickly. M^L / MiL were the real problem. I snagged some tubs and was beginning to stealth away when you guys attacked again and I was revealed / all kill spammed. Oh well. was good watching fights, if anything.

again. Hurry SB Emu.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Valiant Knight

What is SC2?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Philosopher King

By the way, for those folks curious about Angel Island, this is the type of post that will get you perma-banned from game-master.net:

I posted this in a thread entitled: Ask Adam Questions.

Quote:
1. How long until you wipe Angel Island again and go to 4.0 and wipe out all the hard work, established townships, stories, player written books, houses, characters, trained and tamed animals, nostalgic items, and victorious trinkets won in battle which form the real meaningful content of an AI player's game ?

2. How much sway, influence and management will you have over IS ?

3. Do you believe people should keep their word ?
I can't, for the life of me, figure out why any player would voluntarily spend time on a project run by Adam Ant.

IPY looks fun - is anyone playing it ?

The really amusing thing about Angel Island is that with a smidge of common sense and decency, that project could have really solidified a good long term playerbase instead of splintering it. For instance, they keep posting over on game-master.net how little trouble it is to run two instances of RUNUO on a single server (for the Island Siege Project), but then NEVER thought to actually keep the original Angel Island 1.0 up and running while introducing an AI 2.0 with some differences. Instead, the ever unstable Adam kicked the server to the street and dumped on his patrons.

If nothing else, Adam has been a case study in how not to manage an online service.

Selig sind, die da Leid tragen, denn sie sollen getröstet werden. (Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.) - Matthew 5:4 / J.Brahms, 1865

Last edited by Crassus; 11-24-2010 at 04:39 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Valiant Knight

Sath has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hey Crassus - How's life?

Feeling the UO withdrawals?

I'm nearing almost a year past the time I should have started writing my thesis, so I don't think it would be prudent to start playing any sort of online game - in spite of any good intentions, I always seem to spend just a little too much time on it. And the government has stopped paying me for studying! (The outrage!)

Even though I have an excellent job, I fully intent to finish my education some time before I die!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Philosopher King

Heya Sath.

Throw me a pm with your thesis topic, I'd be interested. Sorry to hear the Danish Government has thrown you to the wolves of industry. I can only hope it will work out well for you.

Be sure to let us all know when you'll be available to lead an MMPORG contingent again. You always were grace under pressure with your friends, and a solid annoyance to your enemies.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Valiant Knight

Sath has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
Heya Sath.

Throw me a pm with your thesis topic, I'd be interested. Sorry to hear the Danish Government has thrown you to the wolves of industry. I can only hope it will work out well for you.

Be sure to let us all know when you'll be available to lead an MMPORG contingent again. You always were grace under pressure with your friends, and a solid annoyance to your enemies.
Thanks. I'll let you know when I've made a final decision on the topic. Should be within the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and Adam Ant sucks (since I have had zero interactions or direct experiences with him, the opinion is based on nothing, except loyalty to former guildmates :P)