Quantcast To buy or not to buy... - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Gangsta

Zizon is an unknown quantity at this point
To buy or not to buy...

To buy or not to Buy...

I sold my xbox a few months ago because I knew the new version was coming out, and is now out. The newer version has 60gig HD, and better and smaller processors, thus conducting less heat and less 3 rings of tard.
Anyways, alot of games I wanted to buy now are for PC as well... Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect... Now, main reason I wanted a 360 was so I could play it on my awesome 1080p Panasonic Plasma. The PC would be my 15'4 laptop. Its a strong laptop so I'm sure most games would play well. 2 gig ram, 256 vid card, etc.

Anyways, should I just buy the ported PC versions and save some cash? I played assassin's creed first on a huge 52" TV, so going down to a 15 inch screen sitting 2 feet away won't give the same feel I think.

Not to mention, all the other cool 360 games... Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, just to name a few that I want to play that are NOT on PC.... Hmmm.

Thoughts? New 360 can be bought for 300 bucks on Ebay.

Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Captain Charisma

Lothar
Send a message via ICQ to Lothar
It's really depend of your playstyle.
Xbox360 may has SOME exclusivity... but not that much.
In my opinion, beside a very few title that really deserve the stop ... pretty much every single decent games are eventually released on PC.

And the release version on PC are often superior: extra level, less bugs, etc. Not only that, they cost less.

I've personally bought a 360 last week.
I work on a computer 8 hours a day, and the last thing I wanna do when I get home is stick in front of that fucking thing some more time.
Laying down in my couch and playing a game in front of a TV is a whole different experience.

It's depend of your playstyle.
If you're a shooter addict, and going for the Gears of War series and shit... PC is the way to go. PC controls are superior to Console.

My personal choice: Xbox360 all the way
Old 08-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Gangsta

I'm not a shooter addict, and I do know that PC is superior for controls on shooters. Mouse precision can't be mimicked by a pad.

I agree.. Sitting on couch with a pad is nice. Especially with my new TV... See.. I did this same thing with Oblivion. I played Morrowwind on Xbox. Loved sitting on the couch and playing. Now, Oblivion came out, I bought it a few months after it released on PC and it didn't feel the same at all. This could mainly because I'm playing on a laptop. My Desktop I bought as my machine for Shadowbane.

I'm not into XBox live or anything like that.. to me, console is for single player or coop play sitting side by side, not over the service, even though its a good service.

Hmmm.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Captain Charisma

Lothar
Send a message via ICQ to Lothar
I don't play for Live neither.

Imo, coop on a console is not the same than simply by play with a friend on a PC over a network.
Take Gears of War for exemple. Playing coop on the Xbox360 is awesome !
Old 08-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Gentleman of Fortune

Aswepe is an unknown quantity at this point
could always just buy the cable that allows your pc to run through your TV. I don't like PC games, I like playing games on an Xbox although i rarely if ever play. The interactivity is also superior on a console too imo.

Aswepe, Churma Fruk
Old 08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
Gangsta

yeah, I have that, however, you can't up the resolution on your computer. 2 things make up resolution.. The source, and the display. My TV is a rocking 2008 1080p panasonic. My computer is max at 1280x800. So. Thats my laptops native resolution, so it will only max output that as well.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:07 PM
refuctored

haze has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via ICQ to haze Send a message via AIM to haze Send a message via MSN to haze Send a message via Yahoo to haze
Quote:
Thats my laptops native resolution, so it will only max output that as well.
This isn't correct. That is the max resolution on the LCD, the video card will go higher.

That said, I really like the 360, and when networked it makes a helluva sweet media center PC. I'm serving up the 1080p movies to the plasma.

If you like shooters, I recommend Battlefield:Bad Company. Awesome. Soul Calibre 4 is also really cool. Civilization Revolution is really fun too.

Live makes it super easy to find opponents and teammates. I need more xbox friends :<

(1) Do all you have agreed to do. (2) Do not encroach on other persons or their property.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Gangsta

After hooking it up, I can't change the vid card resolution though.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:41 AM
refuctored

haze has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via ICQ to haze Send a message via AIM to haze Send a message via MSN to haze Send a message via Yahoo to haze
there is usually a function key that you hit with one of the numbers to change sources. Might need to reboot hooked up to the tv too.

(1) Do all you have agreed to do. (2) Do not encroach on other persons or their property.