Quantcast Structured Water - Page 2 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2018, 11:37 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: Structured Water

Well, skeptics are dogmatic and ZERO fun. I looked around and most of the debunking cites a single chemist who did no research himself. Just quoted some facts about water that don't contradict what the original scientist Korean chemist Dr. Mu Shik Jhon himself said. Water will tend to form hexagonal arrangements among the molecules based on a number of different conditions, including the temperature, the types of ions present in the water. Since water is a polarized molecule that shouldn't sound too crazy. Dancers and ice-skaters, etc can form higher level structures while constantly moving an exchanging partners. That's the kind of structure referred to by structured water. There are arrangements that are more (hexagonal) and less favorable (pentagonal) to health, according to Jhon and others.

In mainstream science the focus would be simply be on the chemical constitution of say spring water vs city tap water. What the structure people are saying is that the water itself is a significant factor. Specifically, hexagonal clusters are said to transfer nutrients and oxygen into, and waste out of, cells more efficiently because they are smaller. This was verified with NMR.

DEAL!

Love is heaven on earth.
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 10-29-2018, 12:28 AM
Archmage

Caliban

Water molecules pass through cell walls one at a time if I remember my 8th grade biology correctly. They don't travel into cells in any sort of cluster, it's impossible no matter how asian that scientist is.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:45 AM
Alien Soul

AZN Re: Structured Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
Water molecules pass through cell walls one at a time if I remember my 8th grade biology correctly. They don't travel into cells in any sort of cluster, it's impossible no matter how asian that scientist is.
Assuming your 8th grade bio is right, the arrangement of molecules could still have an impact the same way an orderly line can board a train faster than a clumped clusterfuck. (A more apt analogy would a tightly packed group waiting to get in vs the same number farther apart from each other).

Asian scientist claims to have measured accelerated cell water turnover using "Non-invasive bio-impedance instruments," which sounds really impressive and highly believable.

Even if these guys aren't pushing the mainstream, most of them are credentialed and published in legit journals (Emoto being the exception).

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora

if anything, it can't hurt.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 10-29-2018, 12:59 PM
Archmage

Caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
Asian scientist claims to have measured accelerated cell water turnover using "Non-invasive bio-impedance instruments," which sounds really impressive and highly believable.
That's a bodyfat analyzer sir
Old 10-29-2018, 01:00 PM
Archmage

Caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
if anything, it can't hurt.
The only thing it can hurt is your bank account. Maybe your pride if you talk about it to regular folks.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Alien Soul

d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
That's a bodyfat analyzer sir
That's like calling a voltmeter a battery health checker. That said I only read a summary of his work, not the actual studies. I don't know exactly what he was doing besides making groundbreaking discoveries. Your objections are from chem1 and I can read them myself. It's one chemist spit-balling. Maybe he's right! (nah)

I don't know how you people can live with the thought that you could possibly have bouncy bright blood cells instead of clumped up drab ones.

"FML. Too much hassle to get into that cell. I'll deliver this oxygen later, maybe. If I have time." --Caliban's blood cells

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:17 PM
Alien Soul

BV thinks i'm the reporter in this mr show bit:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BTW, with the right debunking I could be convinced it's bs, but nothing I've heard is very convincing. For on, the one-molecule-at-a-time mechanism isn't the only mechanism involved in cell water transfer. It only took a few googles to notice that. The skeptical movement is the the other side of the woo coin w/o the fun and optimism.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:38 PM
Archmage

Caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
"FML. Too much hassle to get into that cell. I'll deliver this oxygen later, maybe. If I have time." --Caliban's blood cells
This point is difficult to argue..