Quantcast The anti-vegan diet - Page 18 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: The anti-vegan diet

My friend tried it for quitting smoking, she said it didn't work. Smoking might be harder than weight loss though, physical addiction is ROUGH.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 11-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
My friend tried it for quitting smoking, she said it didn't work. Smoking might be harder than weight loss though, physical addiction is ROUGH.
I looked at one therapist group and they seemed to hedge quite a bit. 'Weight loss is one of the more challenging for hypnotherapy." Read something else that said Cognitive Behavioral Theory along with hypnotherapy was effective according to studies (that i didn't bother to check myself.)

I took the GRE recently and got 98 percentile for the verbal section. It made me realize that I've kinda short-changed myself a bit due to poor discipline. I'm not good at steady, consistent action long term. Hence the crash dieting.

Tony Robbins's RPM plan really resonates with me. It seems to be a very convincing explanation on the loss of motivation over time. I may try it out. Not the $5000 seminars or even the $300 programs, but the free-on-Apple-Music versions.

The basic idea is that we are moved to change based on a disturbance. The pain of some condition becomes intolerable. Absent this, we coast. So the disturbance (can't fit into any clothes) motivates action which produces some result, in this case some weight loss. As you lose weight the pain diminishes and so you take less energetic action and get weaker results.

Pretty reasonable, and I recognize that pattern in myself. His system makes you consciously identify and feel disturbances that may at present be under the surface in order to motivate you to address them via a "massive action plan" that has very specific goals and metrics. Shines a light on unconscious processes. We'll see if it works for me.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

I had dinner with a friend last weekend. She told me she's doing a weight loss program where she had to pay 600.00, but if she makes her goal weight by a certain deadline she gets all of the money back, if she doesn't, they keep it. She might not make goal weight by the deadline.

Nice on the GRE results. Are you going to grad school?

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 11-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Just found this site... you can combine gambling with weight loss fun.

https://www.healthywage.com/weight-l...our-own-prize/

Old 11-10-2018, 02:13 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

I'm not sure if Healthywage is what my friend is doing. I can't remember what she said the program was called. It was weird we were talking about it at our table and one of the wait staff overheard us. He chimed in and said he did the challenge too and met goal weight by the deadline. I think my friend said she has 20 lbs more lbs to lose and there's only 3 or 4 weeks left in the program. I think that is cutting it close.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

she is kind of freaking out about losing the money.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:12 PM
Alien Soul

Quote:
I had dinner with a friend last weekend. She told me she's doing a weight loss program where she had to pay 600.00, but if she makes her goal weight by a certain deadline she gets all of the money back, if she doesn't, they keep it. She might not make goal weight by the deadline.

Nice on the GRE results. Are you going to grad school?
I suppose if the bet were large enough I'd be scared into compliance, but I'd rather learn to master my will w/o stunts. That's a bigger ask, considering I've got a lifetime of habit to overcome.

Actually I got 170/170 for verbal, 99th! But only 65th on math. I only studied on the night before, so I didn't get enough of a refresh on stupid shit like permutations and combinations. I'll have to take the test because I'm applying for CS grad schools and want better math than that. But I'm somewhat afraid of tainting that 170 perfecto now.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

You are very smart. That's evident by the brand of humor you put on display here. I might go through their little setup wizard to see what my winnings would be. I feel like I could win this one, vs. my track record with Texas Hold 'Em and the Lottery <- I'm not really a lottery player, but I was in a pool at work for a short time.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Alien Soul

Quote:
You are very smart. That's evident by the brand of humor you put on display here. I might go through their little setup wizard to see what my winnings would be. I feel like I could win this one, vs. my track record with Texas Hold 'Em and the Lottery <- I'm not really a lottery player, but I was in a pool at work for a short time.
Thanks for indulging my shameless bragging. This is one of the only places I can be that tacky .

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:55 AM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Day 131 (yesterday)

Hopped on the scale and.............. 210.5

Up another 1.5 pounds.

First off, I cheated again. This was supposed to be a social event free week and it wasn't. Got a call out of the blue telling me we were having my brother's birthday celebration later that night. Wednesday. It was postponed due to his back surgery, and rescheduled He wanted chinese for his birthday and I am past the point of not eating socially. So I stuffed my face with chinese food then took a plate of leftovers too. Though that was the only cheating I did all week. I weighed myself today in the morning and I weighed 208..... It would seem even at my lower weight 2-3 pound fluctuations are the norm. I think my body has reached the point of full adaptation of my new diet. Even on a low carb diet weight loss will become difficult again. Also my lack of any exercise the last few weeks hasn't helped. I noticed friday at bowling my arm str wasnt weak but it wasn't strong either. This does happens if I don't lift weights for more than a few weeks. Atrophy is a bitch.

So I will do a 7 day fast starting today. I want to see any noticeable differences from when I have fasted in the past. I think fasting is a healthy thing to do periodically and inst meant to speed up my weight loss. I will also exercise while on the fast to try and keep my str up. I normally wouldn't but what the hell, i need it.

On a day to day basis I still feel great. No aches and pains from joints. Sleep is still good and I do feel better than before the diet. I have noticed I can squat down or cross my legs when sitting and my knees don't feel like they want to explode. Bowling is still pain free during and after. Bowling is my main physically taxing event during the winter. Unless I have to shovel snow.... And feeling great afterwards is telling me I am in better shape. Also the cramping has finally died down for the most part. Another sign my body has adapted to me low carb diet.

I looked at some old pictures of me and now I do notice the weight loss in the face. It is actually noticeable when I see the comparison. And a few more people I have not seen in a while have commented on my weight loss.

On a side note my brother had a poker tourny, and the one guy at the other table complained there was not enough room. So I yelled over that is because all the fatties are at your table. So my brother yelled back the guy loses five pounds and thinks he is skinny. Ya I don't ever recall being lighter than my brother until now. Plus after his surgery his DR. recommended he lose some weight. So suck it fatties!

Came in third by the way. So I cashed.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent