Love is heaven on earth.
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 11-14-2018, 06:29 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: The anti-vegan diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
The new study is unique in part because of its size and rigor. It is among the largest and most expensive feeding trials ever conducted on the subject. The researchers recruited 164 adults and fed them all of their daily meals and snacks for 20 weeks, while closely tracking their body weight and a number of biological measures. The trial cost $12 million and was supported largely by a grant from the Nutrition Science Initiative, a nonprofit research group co-founded by Gary Taubes, a science and health journalist and proponent of low-carbohydrate diets. The study was also supported by funding from the New Balance Foundation, the National Institutes of Health and others.

Ok, I have mentioned this in the past but it bears repeating, ya the guy who paid for the study got the results he wanted.... That doesn't nessasarily discount the study if run in a true scientific fashion with strict parameters and rigorous accountability.

All I can say is the low carb diet has worked for me. Also the article describes certain high carb foods stimulating appetite. Which I have experienced in my own weight loss experiment. If I eat sugar or high carb foods my appetite becomes stronger. But my appetite is also strong when eating jalapenos. Not exactly sure why that is but there could be a scientific reason for it.

And a quick update on my fast. 18 hours in and the drive to eat is roughly 90% cravings and 10% hunger. Almost a complete reversal from my other fast attempts.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 11-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
The new study is unique in part because of its size and rigor. It is among the largest and most expensive feeding trials ever conducted on the subject. The researchers recruited 164 adults and fed them all of their daily meals and snacks for 20 weeks, while closely tracking their body weight and a number of biological measures. The trial cost $12 million and was supported largely by a grant from the Nutrition Science Initiative, a nonprofit research group co-founded by Gary Taubes, a science and health journalist and proponent of low-carbohydrate diets. The study was also supported by funding from the New Balance Foundation, the National Institutes of Health and others.

Ok, I have mentioned this in the past but it bears repeating, ya the guy who paid for the study got the results he wanted.... That doesn't nessasarily discount the study if run in a true scientific fashion with strict parameters and rigorous accountability.

All I can say is the low carb diet has worked for me. Also the article describes certain high carb foods stimulating appetite. Which I have experienced in my own weight loss experiment. If I eat sugar or high carb foods my appetite becomes stronger. But my appetite is also strong when eating jalapenos. Not exactly sure why that is but there could be a scientific reason for it.

And a quick update on my fast. 18 hours in and the drive to eat is roughly 90% cravings and 10% hunger. Almost a complete reversal from my other fast attempts.
Yes, I noted the funding when I read it, but the methodology looked legit, must more rigorous than journals.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora

no updates?

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old Today, 06:41 AM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
no updates?
Well it has been about 35 days since my last update.

For about ten days before and after thanksgiving my shit went off the rails. I was eating everything. After thanksgiving I weighed in at 215, the highest I have been in a while. After that I got my shit together and started limiting my carbs again. So for the last 2.5 weeks I have eaten carbs, I have cheated, but always keeping it to a minimum. I even started exercising again. So without being super strict my weight has come down again but I have been fluctuating between 203 and 208. This has been a steady thing for the last few weeks.

I ate a candy bar one day and for the next two days it never felt like I was full, and was always hungry. On certain days where I cheat it seems the carbs stimulate my appetite considerably.

But everything still feels good. I sleep well and feel good during the day. I feel good at bowling. Actually been feeling much stronger since I started working out again.

The only thing is the weight has not come off like before. I still have plenty to lose. I am not sure if I would have to go hardcore 0 carbs like when I started to see more results?

I would currently estimate I consume about 20 grams of carbs per day. It would appear this is a level that keeps my weight at a constant. Or in a certain range.

In the future I will be stuffing my face will all kinds of christmas goodies, sweets included. I am thinking about going strict 0 carb again starting Jan 1 and trying it for a month. And then reporting my results.

But for now my focus is back. My motivation to continue is once again focused. But I don't think I will need to update every week. It will be more of loose updates.

As a side note I was motivated enough to try and fish the lake front for perch in 15 degree weather. Got there and the ice was too thick to fish. Perch is delicious. Worth freezing your ass off for.

So I will update but not as often.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Alora (Today)
Old Today, 12:23 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora

The holidays are rough for dieters. So much good and tasty food. I always feel heavier by Jan 1.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza