Quantcast The anti-vegan diet - Page 7 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: The anti-vegan diet

bean salads are a favorite of mine, because it has oil and vinegar usually, and its healthy too. This one is my favorite recipe I learned from watching Jacques Pepin

Butter Bean Canapes

Mix together in a bowl 1 can (15.5 ounces) drained butter beans (large white beans), 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 3 tablespoons chopped onion, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or chives, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut twelve 1/3-inch-thick slices from a baguette. Mound the bean mixture on the bread slices. Serve.

* I vary this recipe sometimes by using both butter beans (baby lima beans) and cannellini beans.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 08-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

3 bean salad - I usually go classic route of green beans, chickpeas and some kind of navy or kidney bean. Then olive oil, apple cider vinegar, a tiny bit of turbinado, garlic, a touch of Dijon, salt and pepper. Dice celery if you want a bit of texture.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 08-09-2018, 01:56 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I hate vinegar.

I have not worked out in the last 4-5 days due to soreness and other stuff. But I do find I feel better when I do exercise. That sunday softball really kicked my ass. On the plus side I signed up for a CCP class today. I will be a "legal" gun toting citizen soon.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 08-09-2018, 08:00 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

*sigh* I don't get you vinegar haters. Boardwalk fries w/out malt vinegar? Why even bother? Well, any acid helps, so not just vinegar (that one is just the best!) but you could add some fresh squeezed lemon, lime, etc

Old 08-10-2018, 04:14 AM
BV Man of The Year

Mini update. I have decided not to do any exercise until after I weigh myself on Monday. I have not worked out all week so I want to see if it has any affect on my weight loss results. I have read other people say that exercise is not needed to lose weight on this diet.

I think that is more a person to person variation, but I will try it for a week. I will start again after Monday as it does make me feel better. Also I would like to keep my muscle mass. You never know when an impromptu gun show can break out.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM
BV Man of The Year

42 days in and.............. 229

So I gained back one pound without exercise.

This is not a surprise. I have never been able to lose weight with changing my diet alone. It could be due to the fatty liver. I will get back to my exercise regimen tomorrow and give it another week.

Sunday was by far the toughest day though. It was my nephews 21st birthday party and I couldn't eat anything there. I had two bottles of water. Also no booze. I actually had cravings. Also the social aspect of not eating with others was a weird aspect I had not considered. I felt more pressure to eat something in a social environment than from hunger/cravings.

Also my appetite has been stronger this week. It might be due to the jalapenos I have been eating.

Also I have been having my bone broth, but the cramping is still there. This is becoming bothersome.