Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 10-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Philosopher King

Crassus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UO:Saviour nearing alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwin View Post
Well shit. We were enjoying the shard.

At least I got this in before the plug was pulled.
I can't keep up with all the drama - why were you playing on UO:S instead of AI ?

Selig sind, die da Leid tragen, denn sie sollen getröstet werden. (Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.) - Matthew 5:4 / J.Brahms, 1865
Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Squire

Medwin is on a distinguished road

No interaction on AI. Our guild got tired of roaming a player-less shard. No drama to speak of.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Philosopher King

Ah, if you could be so kind, run me through the AI timeline since I was unable to attend the server since the third wipe.

What sort of population is present there now ? How much longer is the server likely to continue ?

I'll admit to a profound fondness for the AI ruleset. I'd have played that server until I was in the grave if Adam hadn't wiped it.

I can't return, of course, having been jilted, but, like a long lost lover, I wonder how she has done in my absence.

Selig sind, die da Leid tragen, denn sie sollen getröstet werden. (Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.) - Matthew 5:4 / J.Brahms, 1865

Last edited by Crassus; 10-27-2010 at 08:55 AM..
Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Squire

It has not done well. As the other launches of AI it started out strong and slowly died. The shard is now desolate. Adam has continued to add interesting new features the most notable being fish quests and related new fishing rares.

Currently there are plans to open a siege based shard. It looks to satisfy a lot of request which have never made it onto AI. AI will continue to run alongside the new shard.
Crassus (10-27-2010)
Old 10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Philosopher King

Quote:
It has not done well. As the other launches of AI it started out strong and slowly died. The shard is now desolate. Adam has continued to add interesting new features the most notable being fish quests and related new fishing rares.

Currently there are plans to open a siege based shard. It looks to satisfy a lot of request which have never made it onto AI. AI will continue to run alongside the new shard.
Well a siege based RUNUO sounds very interesting to me.

1. Will Adam still be the primary management ?

2. Will it have the hero/evil system ?

3. Will it have mounts ?

4. Will it have the AI factions or traditional factions ? In general will it be an AI ruleset or a Siege/Rev 15 ruleset ?

The codebase on AI is truly excellent, and no UO RPer worth his salt could refuse to play a hybrid hero/evil/reds in town AI code based server, provided it is managed correctly.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Gangsta

Gumshoe is on a distinguished road

From what i've read Crassus, Adam will be in charge of this new project - and i know you're well aware of his anti-midas ability of turning gold to shit.

And despite the fact that AI has a number of really neat systems. That's pretty much all they are. Stuff gets added to the shard not because it strengthens a vision (which doesn't exist), but just because it's neat.

I'd be truly surprised if they deviated from this MO and as a result, i figure that after some early successes, their new project will crash and burn just like AI 1, 2 and 3 have ...

Saviour is still being developed. We're working on it regularly and plan to release it at some point down the road (once it's closer to completion). Of interest Crassus, UOS will be a combination of UO and SB
Crassus (10-27-2010)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Squire

Gum I wouldn't be so quick to doom this new project. A lot of what Crassus is asking about is yet to be determined. After all AI is Adam's vision for better or worse. This LS project is more of a project of populism.

Crassus I'd follow the discussion yourself since you seem interested, although we have had our disagreements, your feedback is as welcomed.
Crassus (10-27-2010)
Old 10-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Gangsta

Gumshoe is on a distinguished road

I know full well that you guys are still hammerin' out issues. I've read that thread and there's a lot of healthy discussion going on (and i won't lie and say i'm not impressed it's stayed as constructive as it has for 16 pages).

The one thing that has been determined though is that Adam is in charge. And Adam is an idiot. He has no people skills and has a proven track record of not listening to the right people.

That's been shown time and time again Med - we all know that.

Don't get me wrong, i fully expect this new project to have 150+ online at launch and those numbers will stay up there while people establish themselves. But then Adam will be Adam. He'll start to mess with things and get involved in stuff he thinks he understands but doesn't. And like he's done in the past, he'll kill the damn shard.

I'll admit to being jealous. The first little while, things are going to absolutely rock for you guys - but it won't last. He doesn't know how to make that happen ...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Philosopher King

Quote:
Gum I wouldn't be so quick to doom this new project. A lot of what Crassus is asking about is yet to be determined. After all AI is Adam's vision for better or worse. This LS project is more of a project of populism.

Crassus I'd follow the discussion yourself since you seem interested, although we have had our disagreements, your feedback is as welcomed.
Um where? I've been banned from game-master.net I believe. I'm sure you're intimately familiar with the ban, having done it yourself.

I'm not capable of keeping to the moderator rule of "must always support Adam in all things", so a discussion on game-master.net doesn't interest me.

Quote:
Saviour is still being developed. We're working on it regularly and plan to release it at some point down the road (once it's closer to completion). Of interest Crassus, UOS will be a combination of UO and SB
Now that sounds like what I've been seeking for a long time. I believe I could have a little input in a project regarding territorial control in UO

Last edited by Crassus; 10-27-2010 at 10:29 PM..