Quantcast Bitcoins - Page 7 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2017, 08:08 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Bitcoins

I remember seeing a video of a cost analysis of mining bitcoin. It was underwhelming when you had to factor in electricity costs and such. However that was quite some time ago and I can only imagine the cost has pretty much stayed the same while the value has obviously gone up. Has anyone here mined bitcoin in the past or currently?

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 12-04-2017, 09:15 AM
*hates*

Mocker is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Bitcoins

Don't have any real experience mining but the difficulty increases over time so earning the block rewards costs more power. But I'm not sure how that increase compares with current BTC pricing.

Infinite & Forever
Old 12-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Is anyone still in? I got out too early

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:26 AM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
I jumped in by hacking some pleb's wallet, I am up 67 mil.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/07/bitc...tml?yptr=yahoo

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 12-07-2017, 09:06 AM
*hates*

Lightbulb Re: Bitcoins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
I'm still in although Alora keeps telling me I should sell...

Every time I've sold BTC in the past, I ended up regretting it. Nowadays, if I'm going to sell anything, it's just .1 or .2 BTC to take a little profit without losing too much of my position. Even if I wanted to sell everything, I'd do it in small increments over time to take advantage of the increasing price.

This current run has been nuts, eventually the bubble will burst and that usually means an 85-90% loss in value, but I'm not anywhere near smart enough to predict whether it'll happen at $20,000 or $100,000. There's also so much institutional investment money pouring in now that I feel like it might cushion the next crash to more of a 30-60% loss with a relatively quick recovery, though maybe that's just wishful thinking...

There's certainly a lot of FUD going around with all the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) fanboys talking doom and gloom over BTC's slow confirmations and high transaction fees. Steam just dropped BTC as a payment method due to the volatile price and high fees, so there might be something to all that... It certainly seems like there are other digital coins like BCH or LTC or whatever which are better suited to smaller transactions and payments while BTC serves as more of a "digital gold" type investment and store of value. I guess it remains to be seen whether that type of niche usage will be sustainable long-term with all the alt coins floating around.

Sounds like there's some big stuff coming up with CBOE Futures launching on 12/10 and CME Futures launching on 12/18, so there's been some speculation that whales are driving prices up in advance of all that in order to take profit, crash the price, and then short everything when the futures go live. Not sure about all that but the next few weeks should certainly be interesting.

Infinite & Forever
Old 12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
*hates*

Talking Re: Bitcoins

I sold 0.1 BTC this morning to cash out a bit of profit just in case this little dip turns into a crash.

Next few days should be interesting with CBOE Futures launching on Sunday... Some people are saying it'll pop the bubble while others say it'll drive another crazy price increase. We shall see.

Infinite & Forever
Old 12-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Alien Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocker View Post
I sold 0.1 BTC this morning to cash out a bit of profit just in case this little dip turns into a crash.

Next few days should be interesting with CBOE Futures launching on Sunday... Some people are saying it'll pop the bubble while others say it'll drive another crazy price increase. We shall see.
I've decided Bitcoin is just bubble bullshit. People point to blockchain and sayh things like 'digital gold' and 'store of value' but that's just rationalization.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Alien Soul

That didn't stop me from putting another $2K into bubble bullshit, but at least I'm woke about it. Blockchain is revolutionary but unit price of bitcoin doesn't have much to do with that.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Alien Soul

I believe the root of all these manias is excessive money chasing very few investments. This happens when you transfer most of a country's wealth to the top 1%.

Love is heaven on earth.
Tags: , , , ,