Quantcast The anti-vegan diet - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2018, 05:43 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The anti-vegan diet

So i was watching todays joe rogan's podcast with Jordan Peterson. In the conversation Jordan mentioned he was on a new diet. It is called the carnivore diet.

https://www.onnit.com/academy/the-carnivore-diet/

It sounded interesting but I was a bit skeptical. I did a bit of limited research and decided to give it a try on a whim.

Basically he brought up a exact point I have personally experienced. He said people who fast notice inflammation goes away, but will come back as soon as they start eating again. When I do 7 day fasts I do feel great with the exact things they talked about, no inflammation, mental clarity, great sleep, endless energy etc..

Now I love my fruits and vegetables, so this is not as easy as it sounds. I grow my own vegetables.... But I do want to give it a go for weight loss and general health improvement.

So I will be updating this thread for at least one month so you can follow along with my journey as a guinea pig.

I will follow the rules as linked above, however I will not be drinking milk. I will only drink water. As I have already had dinner the diet will start tomorrow July 3.

My secondary goal is to mock the hell out of MUER.....DEAL!

If you have any questions for me during the next month fell free to ask. Or feel free to mock my struggle of only eating dead flesh of cute animals.

My starting weight is 253, just weighed myself.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 07-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road
Re: The anti-vegan diet

All diets work, but can you live like that? I think the guy looks pretty awful, but I wish you luck. It sounds like a really bad idea.

I say go High Carb, Low Fat or Low Carb High Fat if you're going to do anything. Also, 5:2 or extended fast is a nice way to go too. I've done 21 days w/o food. It's not that hard after 4 days and you get to watch pounds melt off very quickly.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora

I can't do a high protein diet, I tried Atkins a long time ago because all my coworker friends were doing this faddish low carb / high fat & protein eating, insisting we eat at Lone Star 3 times a week for lunch. After 2 months of this, I felt like total crap. I had 0 energy, I felt "off" and fuzzy all the time. You have no idea how happy I was to eat a bowl of grapes when I finally quit that diet. Sitting at the table with a piece of bread, all happy, "it's bread.. I'm eating bread!!"

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 07-03-2018, 02:06 PM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
I can't do a high protein diet, I tried Atkins a long time ago because all my coworker friends were doing this faddish low carb / high fat & protein eating, insisting we eat at Lone Star 3 times a week for lunch. After 2 months of this, I felt like total crap. I had 0 energy, I felt "off" and fuzzy all the time. You have no idea how happy I was to eat a bowl of grapes when I finally quit that diet. Sitting at the table with a piece of bread, all happy, "it's bread.. I'm eating bread!!"
Ya, this diet is pretty much 0 carb. Even cutting out "healthy" greens. After one month I will add some vegetables and other foods slowly into my diet to see if they negatively affect me.

I figure one month will be long enough to do see any dramatic effects of new foods added to the diet.

My only current problem is now I have foods I cannot eat... I did not plan this very well.

As for atkins this diet says no carbs, there is no "balance".

I will give a weight update in a few days and a general overall feeling.

And I am also drinking a lot of water to make sure any weight loss is not due to dropping water weight.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 07-05-2018, 05:56 PM
BV Man of The Year

3 day update. Just finished off 2 ribeye steaks for dinner. Then weighed myself.

Honestly, not too shocking as my day to day weight can fluctuate that much.

Day 3 and I am in ketosis, stank breathe. Same as when I fast.

My exercise regime has gotten a little harder, so some weakness.

Also my joints don't snap crackle pop like before, still some but not as much. About the same as when I fast.

Hunger, it seems to be subdued. Not having many cravings over the last 3 days. The hunger cravings are much more prevalent when fasting, for at least the first 2 or 3 days.

Mentally clarity seems a touch better. Usually takes me 3-5 days for this to happen when fasting.

Sleep, so far maybe the last night was a little better. Again very similar to when I fast, the good sleep nights generally didn't happen to day 4 or 5 so we will see tonight.

I did get a bit of a headache today, very minor one. This also happens to me when I fast at times. I do not drink coffee so not caffeine withdrawal related.

I did have a bout of weakness today, I was sitting too long having a conversation and did not get up and stretch. Got up for a short walk and did not feel 100%, went away after about 5 minutes of walking around.

Diet over last 3 days has been 1/2 rotisserie chicken, some pepper jack cheese, about 7-8 eggs, turkey lunch meat and the 2 ribeye steaks for dinner. I probably could have just eaten one and been fine, but I wanted to see how I felt after a large meal.

While cheese is not strictly against the diet some claim it is not helping at maximum efficiency. I don't eat much cheese anyway, and that was all the cheese I had on hand so I think the will be the end of me eating cheese for the rest of the way.

I have done more research over the past few days and it appears that some people do not get the positive results that they are looking for as long 6 months into the diet. Everyone is different and everyone's body reacts differently. However it seems the people who have the most trouble with the diet are heavy vegan vegetarian types. It might be too big of a shock to the system. Hopefully this isn't my case as I have always eaten a large variety of foods.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I will update my weight and condition after 7 days.

DEAL FATTIES and muer...

Old 07-06-2018, 06:49 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora

As long as you're feeling good. Being in ketosis made me feel weird. Have you tried the Norway diet?

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 07-07-2018, 08:23 AM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
As long as you're feeling good. Being in ketosis made me feel weird. Have you tried the Norway diet?
I have never tried any "diets" in the past beyond fasting. But I always knew fasting was not a diet to lose weight.

I looked at the norway diet and it just seems like a low carb diet for the most part.

The only health issue that my doctor mentioned to me many years back was fatty deposits on the liver. I paid no mind to him and ignored it. Well after doing some research this can develop into cirrhosis of the liver just like a boozer. So after I started this new diet I looked into it to see if eating this extra fat would make the problem worse. Well it seems they say a keto diet is actually a great diet for a fatty liver as it is the carbs that produce the fatty deposits on the liver.

The carnivore diet is very much like a keto diet minus the fruits and vegetables. The carnivore theory is veges don't break down in the stomach and can cause GI issues. However to make up for the lost vitamins and minerals you need to eat more meat. Now you can also eat organ meat for this, which I detest, or supplement your diet with bone marrow or bone broth.

I have eaten bone marrow in the past because I have known about its vitamin properties for a long time. It doesn't taste bad either, so adding more marrow to my diet would probably be the best option for me. It is just odd sitting at a table with other people breaking bones apart to get at it.

Though now I hear it is all the rage at upscale restaurants. Bone marrow is now a dish.

I do have to do some research on bone broth, but I am guessing it is just a broth of boiled bones.

I honestly don't think this will be a permanent diet. But I would like to lose some weight. I also like my varieties of foods too much. Healthy and not so healthy.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

What are you doing for fiber?

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Straggler

Vae Victus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
So i was watching todays joe rogan's podcast with Jordan Peterson. In the conversation Jordan mentioned he was on a new diet. It is called the carnivore diet.

https://www.onnit.com/academy/the-carnivore-diet/

It sounded interesting but I was a bit skeptical. I did a bit of limited research and decided to give it a try on a whim.

Basically he brought up a exact point I have personally experienced. He said people who fast notice inflammation goes away, but will come back as soon as they start eating again. When I do 7 day fasts I do feel great with the exact things they talked about, no inflammation, mental clarity, great sleep, endless energy etc..

Now I love my fruits and vegetables, so this is not as easy as it sounds. I grow my own vegetables.... But I do want to give it a go for weight loss and general health improvement.

So I will be updating this thread for at least one month so you can follow along with my journey as a guinea pig.

I will follow the rules as linked above, however I will not be drinking milk. I will only drink water. As I have already had dinner the diet will start tomorrow July 3.

My secondary goal is to mock the hell out of MUER.....DEAL!

If you have any questions for me during the next month fell free to ask. Or feel free to mock my struggle of only eating dead flesh of cute animals.

My starting weight is 253, just weighed myself.
Sounds like Atkins 2.0 and I always knew you were a fatty!

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. - George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-08-2018, 04:42 PM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
What are you doing for fiber?
No fiber. Not needed to keep you regular. I actually Have been regular the entire time. Fiber isn't absorbed by the body very well so.....