Quantcast The anti-vegan diet - Page 4 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2018, 01:14 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora
Re: The anti-vegan diet

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, my experience is that the best pizza in the world is in Connecticut. However, if I ever do find myself in Chicago, I will try the pizza. Maybe I will change my mind, but I doubt it. That pizza I had was cooked with hot oil. Damn good.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza

Last edited by Alora; 07-21-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 07-21-2018, 01:16 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/08/...hot-oil-pizza/

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 07-21-2018, 03:49 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
Hey, if you stack up all those slices that is the same as one slice of deep dish.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/chicag...zza-in-chicago

For some reason gino's east isn't on the list but very good, overpriced since all locations are downtown.

I have had lou malnatis, uno's, and nancy's. nancys is a stuffed pizza, there is a difference stuffed vs deep dish, but it is minor in my opinion, probably just a marketing ploy.

All very good pizza. And no you don't need to fold it and it is 100% acceptable to eat it with a knife and fork.

But personally my favorite pizza place is 2 blocks away from my house. They make great normal pizza but their deep dish is mediocre. But it is 2 blocks away and not nearly as expensive as other places.

And if you ever do try pizza in chicago, for the love of god get sausage on it. Eating pizza with no sausage is just not right. An actual crime against humanity. Well good sausage anyway.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 07-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Is Unos pretty close to the real thing? I've had that, and I admit, while I generally favor thin slices, I liked it. I don't see them around anymore though! It was popular in the late 90s, 2000s with some people I used to work/lunch with. Kind of expensive iirc. We have one good pizza place in our area and the slices are only 1.50 and pretty big. Covers much of the paper plate. It's not a fancy place, but it's good.

You're going to miss pizza. Pizza is the best.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:58 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Pizza is a healthy food. It really should be part of everyone's diet. Even the smell of it makes people happy. Trust me, I saw a show on the senses once, and the way the one girl realized she had lost her sense of smell is that when pizza arrived to the party, everyone was going, MMM THE PIZZA SMELLS SO GOOD, she couldn't smell it and was bummed feeling missed out on that initial sensory experience you get with the pizza.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:30 AM
Straggler

Vae Victus is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
5'8, very dense though.
Fatties are strong because they are forced to support their own weight.

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. - George Bernard Shaw
Old 07-22-2018, 08:24 PM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vae Victus View Post
Fatties are strong because they are forced to support their own weight.
Not all fatties are strong. Some cant even get out of bed.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 07-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

When you get off the diet you will gain 5 lbs of water weight unless you stay low carb.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:23 PM
BV Man of The Year

week 3 day 21 update.

Got on the scale and............................................... ...................... 238

2 pounds this week.

21 days 15 pounds total

A little disappointed in the weight loss number. However I have not taken a shit since Tuesday when I ate the sugar sauce covered chicken. I am officially constipated. I can only assume it threw my body out of whack.

The first half of this week I was not feeling 100%, however the last half of the week my energy and strength have been good all day.

The weird thing is my appetite is very suppressed right now. Literally having to force myself to eat meals. I just ate 3 burger patties and wasn't hungry. I had some bacon and eggs in the morning when I wasn't hungry and had no desire to eat at all during the day.

I have been doing extra treadmill work as everything feels great and my normal strength exercises. So you would think with the extra treadmill and less food intake I would see better results. That is puzzling. I guess my body is just adapting now.

Also I read people with fatty liver do have problems losing weight. However the best recommendation is a zero carb/keto diet. So I think I am on the right track. It just might take some more time.

The only other theory is I am putting on some muscle while losing fat. I did not do any body measurements when I started to confirm or disprove this.

The number is a little bit discouraging, however I still feel motivated and will stay the course.

I might add squats to my strength regime, I used to do them in the past but became too hard on the knees. Now that everything is feeling much better I might give them a go again.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:32 PM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
Is Unos pretty close to the real thing? I've had that, and I admit, while I generally favor thin slices, I liked it. I don't see them around anymore though! It was popular in the late 90s, 2000s with some people I used to work/lunch with. Kind of expensive iirc. We have one good pizza place in our area and the slices are only 1.50 and pretty big. Covers much of the paper plate. It's not a fancy place, but it's good.

You're going to miss pizza. Pizza is the best.
I think Uno's had frozen pizza, not sure if they still do or not. If that is what you are talking about it is ok for frozen pizza. I think I only had their frozen pizza once. Maybe when they first started doing it. But I think it was overpriced for frozen pizza and not as good as fresh.