Quantcast The anti-vegan diet - Page 6 - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > BV Offline
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2018, 02:09 PM
*hates*

Mocker is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: The anti-vegan diet

Probably due for an update on this one... X's stories are usually dumb but I'm rooting for the jalapenos.

Infinite & Forever
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 08-06-2018, 07:30 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: The anti-vegan diet

Jalapenos went just fine. They were average hot but good flavor. Ate them with steak and a round steak. Stayed on schedule though, they didn't clean me out. But thanks for asking.

Weight Update

On the scale and ............ 228

Lost another 6.5 pounds.

Now Sunday was brutal. I actually bought 3 bananas friday knowing what the possible outcome would be.

It was playoffs sunday for softball. Played 2 games in hot clear weather, this is brutal for me. After two games I drank all the water I had brought and was still thirsty as shit. Had to sit in the shade for 20 minutes cooling down after the games.

After getting home I grabbed two of those frozen ice packs from the freezer and sat them on my chest and neck to cool down. Lay down for 20 minutes, I never removed the ice packs from my skin. After 20 minutes I felt good enough to get up. And that was when the hell started. Cramps, everywhere. Could barely walk without a new muscle cramping. It was so bad I ate a banana, ate it in like 10 seconds and I don't like bananas. Couldn't finish the last bite. Drank more water and ate salt. It didn't help much. I couldn't even lay down as back and abdominals kept cramping. I would go to sleep and bam calf muscle would go. I had one cramp for 10 minutes in my calf that just would not go away. Walked it off as best I could then tried to go to sleep a few times and the calf would go about 10 minutes into sleeping. Feet cramped, toes cramped, hands cramped, everything....

I had to give up and just stay awake. Sitting in my recliner seemed to work best, only had a few foot cramps after that. I think I had been up for about 27 hours minus a few ten minute naps before I actually got to real sleep.

Str still not 100 percent and stamina down, but I can run the bases without the least bit of heavy breathing. I am enjoying the better cardio. Just the being tired after doing it sucks. Also after playing softball I would always have sore muscles and joints and I am happy to say besides the cramping I am not experiencing any of those things.

I noticed then when laying in bed my pulse rate is much lower. I imagine my blood pressure is off the charts good. Even at my worst as a fat fuck my blood pressure was excellent. I would joke with the nurses I could read their minds. They would give me a weird look and then take my blood pressure, after it was done they would tell me in a surprising tone. Then I would say I know what you are thinking, and say pretty good for a fat guy eh? Genetics, entire family is like that.

I did miss out on some exercising this week, for about 3 days I was too busy to do anything. And know my muscles are sore as shit so I am taking today off to. Tomorrow I will start it up again.

My appetite is still subdued. I do try and eat more but a few days there I barely ate anything. I am just not hungry, except when I ate my jalapenos. Every meal is basically eating out of necessity. I feel I could do a 7 day fast right now and not even notice. I won't though. Tonight I am going to start a bone broth. They say it takes 24 hours so it should be ready to go tomorrow. I might be potassium deficient so I will try the bone broth and see if that helps with all the cramping.

Total 35 days, 25 pounds.

Just looked up banana nutrients, OMG so many carbs!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to find another potassium rich food, maybe even one I like.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Mocker (08-07-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Alora is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Alora Send a message via Yahoo to Alora

how about any of these foods?

https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/...-potassium.php

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 08-07-2018, 02:16 AM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
That list is mostly beans. Outside of potatoes i pretty much don't like the top 50. I do eat fish but not salmon, don't like salmon. Problem with potatoes though is so many carbs... Same goes with the nuts and seeds. These foods are not great for the liver or I am led to believe.

I will try my bone broth, it should be ready tomorrow. I will give that about a week and see how the cramping is.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 08-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

I just have the belief that if your diet makes your body feel bad, its not a good diet. The cramping is your body telling you that your diet is incomplete. None if these foods on the list are bad for you. Are you a fast or slow eater? Slow down eating. You will eat less. It really works.

"Didn't I tell you, Don Quixote, sir, to turn back, for they were not armies you were going to attack, but flocks of sheep?" - Sancho Panza
Old 08-08-2018, 10:46 AM
BV Man of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alora View Post
I just have the belief that if your diet makes your body feel bad, its not a good diet. The cramping is your body telling you that your diet is incomplete. None if these foods on the list are bad for you. Are you a fast or slow eater? Slow down eating. You will eat less. It really works.
Outside the cramping everything else is feeling great. Joints are feeling great. Cardio is much better. I do feel a lot better. Bone broth got delayed but I have it simmering right now.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Alien Soul

Meursault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Outside the cramping everything else is feeling great. Joints are feeling great. Cardio is much better. I do feel a lot better. Bone broth got delayed but I have it simmering right now.
I think this diet works purely on appetite suppression, but is otherwise not good for you. You'd be better off fasting if you're going to go extreme.

Plants have the nutri-ments humans crave.

Love is heaven on earth.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

X do you like vinegar? Vinegar is a good ingredient for foods. It helps with sugar spikes, apple cider vinegar with the mother in it. Braggs brand is usually what I buy.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

Walk for 20 minutes after eating (I should follow my own advice, but..) when I was pregnant, I had gestational diabetes, which is basically like type 2, but the doctors attributed it to my "advanced maternal age" and hormonal (I wasn't overweight when I got pregnant).

I had to test my blood sugar at least 4 times a day. What I found was, after a meal, I'd test my levels, and if they were a bit high, I'd start walking around the building at work. Get back to my desk, and the sugar levels would be much lower. I tested the walking bit one day by not going for the walk after testing. I tested 20 minutes later, and the levels were about the same. So exercise definitely gets the blood sugar down.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Sensitive like Squirrel

also if you are going to eat carbs, what my doctor told me when I had gestational diabetes - eat the carbs WITH a bit of fat (or acid, vinegar), it slows the digestion / sugar.