Quantcast UO: Siege Perilous - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > Online Gaming > UO Freeshards
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Grandis Vir

Vaniir is an unknown quantity at this point
UO: Siege Perilous

Well the folks behind Angel Island are creating (what I believe will be) an era accurate Siege shard. There's still a lot of discussion about what's in or out or if they will be going strict era accurate but it seems like it will be really awesome! Check out the discussion over at http:www.game-master.net

Pixie (from PAG) will be the lead designer and admin. Adam Ant will stay lead designer/admin for Angel Island (so all you Adam haters can rest easy). Pixie is a rock solid designer and should do a phenomenal job on this shard.

I'm even a little bit excited about going through ROT again!
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Gangsta

Gumshoe is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

I was curious about a couple of things Van - do you know if they're going with a reduced land mass or full map?

And Pix is running this on Adam's server? Is there some kind of arrangement that this is Pixie's project and Adam won't be involved? OR can we assume that because Adam's paying the bills and AI's pretty much dead, that he'll get involved with IS?

Pix and Akarius had discussed creating their own shard over a year ago (i was on that team) until real life caught up with Pix i think and things died - which was a bummer because Pix really is a damn fine coder and Akarius has solid ideas in terms of world building.

Shame they're tying their fate to Adam .... my money is on that being a bad idea that comes back to bite them in the ass big time.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Grandis Vir

All of that is still up in the air but I believe the general consensus is full map. Possibly a scaled down map to begin with and opening the whole thing later on. Not sure...

Well Adam is helping Pixie get the initial coding done. So he is involved. However, Adam made a point to say that this was Pixie's baby and thet Pix is the one running the show. I hope he sticks to that.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Lowly Peasant

pix is on a distinguished road

Here's the current thinking...

I'll be in charge of UOSP, doing all or most of the development. Decisions on features, etc, will be mostly me, with Akarius and Adam advising if necessary. I plan on having pretty open discussions about features, details, etc. - although era-accurate means that most decisions are already made, it'd be the back-end stuff (like limiting the number of accounts connecting from an IP) that are up in the air.

I don't really want to restrict the landmass, especially if we're era-specific. This would mean all of brit and the lost lands would be available. If the server has enough of a population and the server is spawned correctly and has the right loot drops, then there should be less issues with interactions.

Administration (in game) is up in the air - I assume it will be some combo of me, Akarius, and Adam. But decisions would be by consensus, with at least me having veto power. We haven't discussed seers or counsellors yet - not sure what the plan is there.

Adam's got plan for other things AI, so he'll be busy working on them. He'll be letting the 'community' know about those things at some point.

AI and UOSP will share messageboards, but will have their own 'portal' and perhaps wiki (not sure how much those matter). I hate board administration, so I'll not be doing any of that. I'd suggest to any fanbase that they keep their own (similar to UO's boards and BV back in the day).

Yes, it's Adam's server and ultimately, UOSP will be his to pull the plug on. But he has basically empowered me to make it all happen.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

--Pix.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Philosopher King

Crassus is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally I'd be all for this project, and even want to participate in assistance.

But, for some reason, the administration at Angel Island would like me to stay banned off their boards. Something about violating the "negative posting" guidelines or something.

With Adam being involved at all, I'm afraid I'm out of any projects that he's an administrator on.

You know my only beef with Adam is merely that he is a lying sack of shit that turns even good projects into crap by his fail of a management style.

I can't imagine why they won' t let me post that on their boards?

Pix & Akarius will do a really fine job, on the project, I'm sure.

Good luck, Van.

Selig sind, die da Leid tragen, denn sie sollen getröstet werden. (Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.) - Matthew 5:4 / J.Brahms, 1865
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix View Post
Here's the current thinking...

I'll be in charge of UOSP, doing all or most of the development. Decisions on features, etc, will be mostly me, with Akarius and Adam advising if necessary. I plan on having pretty open discussions about features, details, etc. - although era-accurate means that most decisions are already made, it'd be the back-end stuff (like limiting the number of accounts connecting from an IP) that are up in the air.

I don't really want to restrict the landmass, especially if we're era-specific. This would mean all of brit and the lost lands would be available. If the server has enough of a population and the server is spawned correctly and has the right loot drops, then there should be less issues with interactions.

Administration (in game) is up in the air - I assume it will be some combo of me, Akarius, and Adam. But decisions would be by consensus, with at least me having veto power. We haven't discussed seers or counsellors yet - not sure what the plan is there.

Adam's got plan for other things AI, so he'll be busy working on them. He'll be letting the 'community' know about those things at some point.

AI and UOSP will share messageboards, but will have their own 'portal' and perhaps wiki (not sure how much those matter). I hate board administration, so I'll not be doing any of that. I'd suggest to any fanbase that they keep their own (similar to UO's boards and BV back in the day).

Yes, it's Adam's server and ultimately, UOSP will be his to pull the plug on. But he has basically empowered me to make it all happen.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

--Pix.
Can I run around calling people niggers and not get banned? What about emoting *rapes* above people I kill?

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 11-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Archmage

Algar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Can I run around calling people niggers and not get banned? What about emoting *rapes* above people I kill?
I'm sure there are other places on the internets where you can safely indulge your role playing fantasies of raping black men with like minded people.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Gangsta

Ya, i'm in the same boat as Crassus. I have all the respect in the world for you Pixie - but - Adam's involvement on any level kills if for me. I just can't bring myself to trust the guy.

He's paying the bills and even if he's saying "you're in charge", how many times has he gone back on his word?

If you and Dan had gone ahead with this on your own a year ago, i'd have been all over it - but now, with Adam's involvement ...

Good luck with it Pix
Old 11-09-2010, 03:31 PM
BV Man of The Year

Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algar View Post
I'm sure there are other places on the internets where you can safely indulge your role playing fantasies of raping black men with like minded people.
I stay away from jewish and liberal websites for the most part.

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Lowly Peasant

I understand the sentiments.

Personally, I've found that I don't have the resources to administer a shard by myself. Develop, sure, but keep track of server stuff, pester people when there are network problems, etc, I don't have the bandwidth for (kids, wife, work, life seem to crowd that kind of stuff out). So I have to rely on someone with the funds and the ability to do that sort of stuff. Adam has fit that bill. I was approached for UOSA early, but at the time I was even busier and I've had my battles with Zen and I'd seen what happens with Weaver so I didn't think it was a good fit. Liked a lot of their ideas though.

--Pix.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Annoying Growth

Zenroth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix View Post
I understand the sentiments.

Personally, I've found that I don't have the resources to administer a shard by myself. Develop, sure, but keep track of server stuff, pester people when there are network problems, etc, I don't have the bandwidth for (kids, wife, work, life seem to crowd that kind of stuff out). So I have to rely on someone with the funds and the ability to do that sort of stuff. Adam has fit that bill. I was approached for UOSA early, but at the time I was even busier and I've had my battles with Zen and I'd seen what happens with Weaver so I didn't think it was a good fit. Liked a lot of their ideas though.

--Pix.
I don't recall any real battles between us, but you certainly were correct to be hesistant about Weaver. Best of luck with UO:SP.
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Lowly Peasant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenroth View Post
I don't recall any real battles between us, but you certainly were correct to be hesistant about Weaver. Best of luck with UO:SP.
You're right - I probably exaggerated that - more of disagreements on features for AI. Weaver is good while you have his attention, but I noticed a tendency to leave things in an unfinished state.

thanks!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Gangsta

*still wishes he could put together a team with Kit, Pix, Pez and yes, even Adam (although only in a role where he codes and doesn't get involved in anything else)*

Oh the possibilities ....
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Grandis Vir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe View Post
*still wishes he could put together a team with Kit, Pix, Pez and yes, even Adam (although only in a role where he codes and doesn't get involved in anything else)*

Oh the possibilities ....
LOL! I love this post. On that note, Pix, Zen, Dag and Akarius are awesomesause
Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
~

DeVore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
You know my only beef with Adam is merely that he is a lying sack of shit
You know I was surprised when I read the recent interview with the douche bag and found out he's not a lawyer!