Quantcast UO: Siege Perilous - Blathervortex

Go Back   Blathervortex > Category 5 > Online Gaming > UO Freeshards
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Vaniir's Avatar
Vaniir Vaniir is offline
Grandis Vir
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Vaniir is an unknown quantity at this point
UO: Siege Perilous

Well the folks behind Angel Island are creating (what I believe will be) an era accurate Siege shard. There's still a lot of discussion about what's in or out or if they will be going strict era accurate but it seems like it will be really awesome! Check out the discussion over at http:www.game-master.net

Pixie (from PAG) will be the lead designer and admin. Adam Ant will stay lead designer/admin for Angel Island (so all you Adam haters can rest easy). Pixie is a rock solid designer and should do a phenomenal job on this shard.

I'm even a little bit excited about going through ROT again!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

  #2  
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 AM
Gumshoe's Avatar
Gumshoe Gumshoe is offline
Gangsta
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Gumshoe is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

I was curious about a couple of things Van - do you know if they're going with a reduced land mass or full map?

And Pix is running this on Adam's server? Is there some kind of arrangement that this is Pixie's project and Adam won't be involved? OR can we assume that because Adam's paying the bills and AI's pretty much dead, that he'll get involved with IS?

Pix and Akarius had discussed creating their own shard over a year ago (i was on that team) until real life caught up with Pix i think and things died - which was a bummer because Pix really is a damn fine coder and Akarius has solid ideas in terms of world building.

Shame they're tying their fate to Adam .... my money is on that being a bad idea that comes back to bite them in the ass big time.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Vaniir's Avatar
Vaniir Vaniir is offline
Grandis Vir
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Vaniir is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

All of that is still up in the air but I believe the general consensus is full map. Possibly a scaled down map to begin with and opening the whole thing later on. Not sure...

Well Adam is helping Pixie get the initial coding done. So he is involved. However, Adam made a point to say that this was Pixie's baby and thet Pix is the one running the show. I hope he sticks to that.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 AM
pix's Avatar
pix pix is offline
Lowly Peasant
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
pix is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Here's the current thinking...

I'll be in charge of UOSP, doing all or most of the development. Decisions on features, etc, will be mostly me, with Akarius and Adam advising if necessary. I plan on having pretty open discussions about features, details, etc. - although era-accurate means that most decisions are already made, it'd be the back-end stuff (like limiting the number of accounts connecting from an IP) that are up in the air.

I don't really want to restrict the landmass, especially if we're era-specific. This would mean all of brit and the lost lands would be available. If the server has enough of a population and the server is spawned correctly and has the right loot drops, then there should be less issues with interactions.

Administration (in game) is up in the air - I assume it will be some combo of me, Akarius, and Adam. But decisions would be by consensus, with at least me having veto power. We haven't discussed seers or counsellors yet - not sure what the plan is there.

Adam's got plan for other things AI, so he'll be busy working on them. He'll be letting the 'community' know about those things at some point.

AI and UOSP will share messageboards, but will have their own 'portal' and perhaps wiki (not sure how much those matter). I hate board administration, so I'll not be doing any of that. I'd suggest to any fanbase that they keep their own (similar to UO's boards and BV back in the day).

Yes, it's Adam's server and ultimately, UOSP will be his to pull the plug on. But he has basically empowered me to make it all happen.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

--Pix.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Crassus's Avatar
Crassus Crassus is offline
Philosopher King
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Crassus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Normally I'd be all for this project, and even want to participate in assistance.

But, for some reason, the administration at Angel Island would like me to stay banned off their boards. Something about violating the "negative posting" guidelines or something.

With Adam being involved at all, I'm afraid I'm out of any projects that he's an administrator on.

You know my only beef with Adam is merely that he is a lying sack of shit that turns even good projects into crap by his fail of a management style.

I can't imagine why they won' t let me post that on their boards?

Pix & Akarius will do a really fine job, on the project, I'm sure.

Good luck, Van.

__________________

Selig sind, die da Leid tragen, denn sie sollen getröstet werden. (Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted.) - Matthew 5:4 / J.Brahms, 1865
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix View Post
Here's the current thinking...

I'll be in charge of UOSP, doing all or most of the development. Decisions on features, etc, will be mostly me, with Akarius and Adam advising if necessary. I plan on having pretty open discussions about features, details, etc. - although era-accurate means that most decisions are already made, it'd be the back-end stuff (like limiting the number of accounts connecting from an IP) that are up in the air.

I don't really want to restrict the landmass, especially if we're era-specific. This would mean all of brit and the lost lands would be available. If the server has enough of a population and the server is spawned correctly and has the right loot drops, then there should be less issues with interactions.

Administration (in game) is up in the air - I assume it will be some combo of me, Akarius, and Adam. But decisions would be by consensus, with at least me having veto power. We haven't discussed seers or counsellors yet - not sure what the plan is there.

Adam's got plan for other things AI, so he'll be busy working on them. He'll be letting the 'community' know about those things at some point.

AI and UOSP will share messageboards, but will have their own 'portal' and perhaps wiki (not sure how much those matter). I hate board administration, so I'll not be doing any of that. I'd suggest to any fanbase that they keep their own (similar to UO's boards and BV back in the day).

Yes, it's Adam's server and ultimately, UOSP will be his to pull the plug on. But he has basically empowered me to make it all happen.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

--Pix.
Can I run around calling people niggers and not get banned? What about emoting *rapes* above people I kill?

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Algar's Avatar
Algar Algar is offline
Archmage
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Algar
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
Can I run around calling people niggers and not get banned? What about emoting *rapes* above people I kill?
I'm sure there are other places on the internets where you can safely indulge your role playing fantasies of raping black men with like minded people.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Gumshoe's Avatar
Gumshoe Gumshoe is offline
Gangsta
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Gumshoe is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Ya, i'm in the same boat as Crassus. I have all the respect in the world for you Pixie - but - Adam's involvement on any level kills if for me. I just can't bring myself to trust the guy.

He's paying the bills and even if he's saying "you're in charge", how many times has he gone back on his word?

If you and Dan had gone ahead with this on your own a year ago, i'd have been all over it - but now, with Adam's involvement ...

Good luck with it Pix
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Mr X's Avatar
Mr X Mr X is offline
BV Man of The Year
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Mr X has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algar View Post
I'm sure there are other places on the internets where you can safely indulge your role playing fantasies of raping black men with like minded people.
I stay away from jewish and liberal websites for the most part.

__________________

In Detroit, we don't have a knife problem. The knife motherfuckers got a Ted problem." - Ted Nugent
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
pix's Avatar
pix pix is offline
Lowly Peasant
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
pix is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

I understand the sentiments.

Personally, I've found that I don't have the resources to administer a shard by myself. Develop, sure, but keep track of server stuff, pester people when there are network problems, etc, I don't have the bandwidth for (kids, wife, work, life seem to crowd that kind of stuff out). So I have to rely on someone with the funds and the ability to do that sort of stuff. Adam has fit that bill. I was approached for UOSA early, but at the time I was even busier and I've had my battles with Zen and I'd seen what happens with Weaver so I didn't think it was a good fit. Liked a lot of their ideas though.

--Pix.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Zenroth's Avatar
Zenroth Zenroth is offline
Annoying Growth
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Zenroth is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix View Post
I understand the sentiments.

Personally, I've found that I don't have the resources to administer a shard by myself. Develop, sure, but keep track of server stuff, pester people when there are network problems, etc, I don't have the bandwidth for (kids, wife, work, life seem to crowd that kind of stuff out). So I have to rely on someone with the funds and the ability to do that sort of stuff. Adam has fit that bill. I was approached for UOSA early, but at the time I was even busier and I've had my battles with Zen and I'd seen what happens with Weaver so I didn't think it was a good fit. Liked a lot of their ideas though.

--Pix.
I don't recall any real battles between us, but you certainly were correct to be hesistant about Weaver. Best of luck with UO:SP.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Guest Only) - Click Here to Register

  #12  
Old 11-10-2010, 12:23 PM
pix's Avatar
pix pix is offline
Lowly Peasant
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
pix is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenroth View Post
I don't recall any real battles between us, but you certainly were correct to be hesistant about Weaver. Best of luck with UO:SP.
You're right - I probably exaggerated that - more of disagreements on features for AI. Weaver is good while you have his attention, but I noticed a tendency to leave things in an unfinished state.

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Gumshoe's Avatar
Gumshoe Gumshoe is offline
Gangsta
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Gumshoe is on a distinguished road
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

*still wishes he could put together a team with Kit, Pix, Pez and yes, even Adam (although only in a role where he codes and doesn't get involved in anything else)*

Oh the possibilities ....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Vaniir's Avatar
Vaniir Vaniir is offline
Grandis Vir
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Vaniir is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe View Post
*still wishes he could put together a team with Kit, Pix, Pez and yes, even Adam (although only in a role where he codes and doesn't get involved in anything else)*

Oh the possibilities ....
LOL! I love this post. On that note, Pix, Zen, Dag and Akarius are awesomesause
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM
DeVore's Avatar
DeVore DeVore is offline
~
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
DeVore
Re: UO: Siege Perilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
You know my only beef with Adam is merely that he is a lying sack of shit
You know I was surprised when I read the recent interview with the douche bag and found out he's not a lawyer!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
some siege perilous history Alora Siege Perilous WAR 9 10-29-2017 07:08 PM
Guys - Siege Perilous Guild Alora WoW Sucks 29 03-16-2010 01:34 PM
Siege Perilous Gara UO Freeshards 1 03-24-2009 06:12 PM
SIEGE PERILOUS GUILD = KICKASS! Mocker WoW Sucks 3 11-22-2007 09:36 PM
Fear is not the reason why Siege Perilous exists. Oberyn Siege Perilous WAR 2 09-19-2006 01:35 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:05 PM.


Optimized for Firefox and American time zones
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.